Evertune bridge

Stevie F

Anyone tried or had fitted the evertune bridge system? Many custom shops are now fitting and selling PRS models with these fitted, ALL the YouTube videos are rating it high, what do you guys know?

I don't have anywhere near enough trouble with tuning to justify spending hundreds of bucks to hack up a perfectly good guitar.
Yeah, I don't see why that would be necessary for any PRS. I've never had that much of an issue with tuning, even for my trem equipped PRSi.

Likewise. I'd drop a MannMade on one if I was going to 8s. Otherwise, rock solid.

Why would I second guess decades of research and experience? Not to mention, my fingers cause bigger intonation issues than anything on a PRS guitar...which I neutralize with my vibrato technique. Even an SE with a fixed bridge is rock solid.

Why would I want to replace a solid bridge with a bunch of springs?

Why would I want a new bridge when most tuning issues are due to poorly cut nuts?

Why would I want to modify a guitar when I don't have to?

Paul Smith tends to say that anything touching the strings affects tone. If I’m happy with the tone (which is why I bought the guitars), why mess with a good thing?

I’ve lived this long with traditional bridges, and have been happy. I’m good.

But OP, if you’re into experimenting, go for it!

Anyone tried or had fitted the evertune bridge system? Many custom shops are now fitting and selling PRS models with these fitted, ALL the YouTube videos are rating it high, what do you guys know?
Hi Comments noted, but can anyone answer my question please?

Evertune is direct selling SE Holcombs and SECU24s with them installed.

If you want one, go that way I guess.

If it were something included standard on a guitar, I don't think I'd necessarily avoid it, but it will definitely change the tone. I see a lot of risk with little upside in retrofitting one.

I would LOVE to have the functionality - but wouldn't want to carve out an existing guitar for it :)

I like the idea of "maximum wood" in my guitars, but who's to say that a big fat chunk of steel would be detrimental to the tone of a given guitar?

Definitely a case of "try before you buy", I think :)

Back