Ever have that insatiable urge to just buy a guitar??

When my S2 Singlecut was in for warranty after I only had it a month, I broke down and bought a new, loaded Fender Strat Robert Cray body- came from the custom shop. Years ago I had bought 5 ebony FB Strat necks. I installed one, added Sperzel lockers. By far not my first Fender, but I was never in love with any of them. Well, all that changed with this hardtail with the special pickups- it owns me like my S2- my first PRS. ( I soak all ebony FB's with water thin CA and rub them up with Micromesh pads to a velvet-like finish- no cracking and an "alive" neck.) Later I picked up a factory "Robert Cray" neck- new and I am not using it.

Currently lusting after a core new P245 and another different SE too, it never ends

Bought my first C24 (30th Anniversary) some months ago and fell in-love. Since having the magic of PRS, not a day goes by that I don't look for the PRS Hollow Body that will certainly be my next sweetheart.

Bought my first C24 (30th Anniversary) some months ago and fell in-love. Since having the magic of PRS, not a day goes by that I don't look for the PRS Hollow Body that will certainly be my next sweetheart.

Never played a PRS hollow/semi hollow. Any good?? Always fancied a Rickenbacker 360 semi hollow. Amazing, deep, bell like, resonant tone.

Nah, the CU24 will sound different than your 245 enough to justify it.... So do it!!!!

I think the hardtail SE's benefit less from modding than the trem equipped ones do, they're pretty solid guitars, whereas the trem ones could use locking tuners and some bridge updates to make them perform more like the core guitars.

I'm guessing Grover 406c's are the first choice of update?? What about the nut and the tremelo/bridge, any thoughts??

I think the question for me is do I ever have a day when I don't lust over some guitar.

Never played a PRS hollow/semi hollow. Any good?? Always fancied a Rickenbacker 360 semi hollow. Amazing, deep, bell like, resonant tone.

Oh, the hollowbodies are awesome! Especially with the piezo pickup option (which most have now).

The Spruce-topped ones (I have one) are no longer made, but the maple front/back varieties ("HBII") are current production.

Gah, now I have gas for a HBII! With a nice quilt top, in obsidian, perhaps, or jade. Gah!

I really want to add a HB II to my collection. I was also looking at a Schon yesterday. But I'm going to show restraint for the rest of the year lol.

I really want an S2 Singlecut Semihollow. I'm still living in SE town over here and this is definitely going to be my next step. I'm trying to wait and save up the money to buy it and pay it all off at once but zzounds sure makes it hard with 12 months/no interest.

Be sure to add a PRS HB if you don't already have one. You will not regret it (I have both an HB I and a HB II w piezo) - no plans to sell either

I agree with ozboy. I`d recommend you start by donating that very guitar to the Washingtonton DC Lonely Orphans Society for Transmogrification. ......................... And that might be me.

I have been lusting over a private stock DGT and 1 day I will order it..

DGT
Semi-hollow
Spalted Maple Top
Indian Rosewood Neck
Old Birds
Piezo Trem
Northern Lights Finish

Back