Ever have that insatiable urge to just buy a guitar??

Each one is different. Don`t count, just buy. Try to stop when you have more Prs than fingers or your partner may leave you.

Don't buy it. Give the money to charity. The karma you earn will make you a much better person and your Se will mean more to you.

No way! I only have 1 .................... of each kind. Well not of each kind yet, still working on it. But only 1 for sure.

No. Absolutely never! I just sit around the house and all these damn guitars just keep showing up. I just can't get rid of them. I wish they would leave me alone. Why do they keep bugging me?

PRS-Family2015_1900.jpg

2014LPtraditional_1717.jpg

Heritage_1868x1280.jpg

(Drums, Bass guitar and Mandolin not pictured.)

No. Absolutely never! I just sit around the house and all these damn guitars just keep showing up. I just can't get rid of them. I wish they would leave me alone. Why do they keep bugging me?

PRS-Family2015_1900.jpg

2014LPtraditional_1717.jpg

Heritage_1868x1280.jpg

(Drums, Bass guitar and Mandolin not pictured.)

Great family photo.

Don't buy it, unless you can afford two of them and after this one you can start searching for the next one. If buying this will mean stop searching, don't buy it.

That is a maple neck, with mahogany body and binding on the neck which really sets it off. I believe the pickups are different too..........

SE Vintage Bass and SE Hot Fat, Screams pickups and they are closer together and COIL TAPS, thus you'll have different tones for sure. That trem system will also alter the tone vs. the hardtail of your SE 245. Nice looking guitar in the pic above.
I just got a SE Zach Myers a few months ago and I'm already saving and planning to sell my two Fenders for a re-issued McCarty. I got the PRS bug........BAD ~!

IMHO, the two models of SE PRSi will feel, play, and sound sufficiently different to be worthwhile. As others have mentioned, the different bridges, the neck profiles, the pickups, the relative position of the neck pups, and the scale length will all factor into something different.

I went many years not wanting another guitar, because I wasn't playing - it was a hobby put on the shelf during one or more of my marriages.

But since I started really playing again a couple of years ago, I have endless GAS, especially since I got my first PRSi in Jan 2014 - I constantly yearn for yet another model of PRSi to noodle with (a 513 or 305 would be cool...or a - dang it!). Although the P24 I picked up a couple of months ago has tamed my guitar GAS for now - it is a very sweet playing guitar, and does a whole lot with the piezo+mag pups. (I've been on a bit of a pedal binge recently, though.)

Well thanks for all your advice guys, I am now the proud owner of a.........................can you guess????................[h=1]PRS SE 30th Anniversary Custom 24 Limited Run in Trampas Green[/h]
l_74144-SECM4F30TG.jpg
tn2_115895.jpg
prsgreenmain.jpg

Sweet! I think you'll really like this new guitar. Photos when she arrives!

They're out of stock at the moment, but are getting a new shipment in on Saturday. Hope i reserved one in time, as there are only 200 of these being made and they are only available in Europe. Can't wait till she arrives!!!!!

Back