Ever have that insatiable urge to just buy a guitar??

Chris34

Hi guys, i currently have an SE 245 (single cut) and i have appropriated the funds to mod said guitar, then i saw this on the Andertons website....................[h=1]PRS SE 30th Anniversary Custom 24 Limited Run in Trampas Green[/h]Can anyone tell me if this guitar would sound any different to my SE 245?? If i bought it, would i just have 2 guitars that look different but sound pretty similar?? PLEASE HELP!!!

Nah, the CU24 will sound different than your 245 enough to justify it.... So do it!!!!

I think the hardtail SE's benefit less from modding than the trem equipped ones do, they're pretty solid guitars, whereas the trem ones could use locking tuners and some bridge updates to make them perform more like the core guitars.

They will sound a good bit different. The SE245 has different pups, 4 control layout, and a different body shape, and a different neck profile. You should see and feel the difference.

I can count on one hand the number of days in my life I didn't feel like buying a guitar.

My life is an exercise in restraint.

I've only had experience with the SE245 so I can't compare for you. I would believe they sound different, but I'm sure they will feel different. A new feeling guitar always inspires me.

straight2.png

I was hoping for a voice of reason, a sensible or more conservative view..................YOUR ALL WORSE THAN ME!!!!!! Ha ha ha ha! Looks like i'll be putting in a pre-order for this little beauty!!

IF I didn't already have one... and

IF it wasn't so far across the pond... and

IF I can talk myself into/out of buying ANOTHER...

Dammit!!!

IF I didn't already have one... and

IF it wasn't so far across the pond... and

IF I can talk myself into/out of buying ANOTHER...

Dammit!!!

I know how you feel!!! I REALLY want this guitar, but need convincing that it will sound different enough from my SE245 to justify spending £649.

Along with what the others have pointed out, there's also a difference in scale length. And is that a maple neck on the Custom? That makes them that much more different. The Custom should be a brighter, more "modern" sounding guitar in comparison.

It definitely will. Different scale lengths, a couple of extra frets and pick up placement relative to that. I would hop all over that if it's in the budget. And if it's not, I'd figure out a way to work around said budget. I'm with everyone else here.....any day of the week that ends in "day" is a day that I want to get a new to me guitar.

Is there ever a BAD day to buy a new guitar??:dontknow:

Yes.

Yesterday.

Tomorrow is much better.

But I don't understand - are you saying you guys have more than one? That's allowed?

Along with what the others have pointed out, there's also a difference in scale length. And is that a maple neck on the Custom? That makes them that much more different. The Custom should be a brighter, more "modern" sounding guitar in comparison.

That is a maple neck, with mahogany body and binding on the neck which really sets it off. I believe the pickups are different too..........

Back