EQD Dispatch Master Pedal FX Loop Noise?

starscream67

Hi, I was wondering if anyone here has any experience with the EQD Dispatch Master pedal?

I just got one but the only place in my signal chain it's quiet enough to use is in front of the amp on the clean channel - switching to the dirt channel makes it sound awful. I'm wondering if I should return the pedal as it's not very useful to me if I can't run it in the fx loop where both clean and dirt can be used, but my amp is quite new so I'm not used to even having an fx loop and am wondering if I shouldn't give up so easily.

I have other pedals that are super quiet in the loop (TC Dreamscape / Alter Ego delay / HOF) so I guess I'm looking for advice on if the Dispatch Master just isn't compatible with rig? Turning up the Mix level on the Dispatch Master is what increases noise in the loop but it's such a weak pedal you can't really run it low.

I don't have an iso power supply, but I'd consider getting a cheap one from Amazon if anyone has fixed a similar issue. I'm getting rid of this board but not within the return window for the pedal purchase. Appreciate any advice even if it's to just return the pedal.

My gear: PRS SE Singlecut - Boss BCB60 pedalboard daisy chain - Mesa Mini Rec

Try running it off battery power to see if it takes the noise away. If it does then you know you need to get an isolated power supply. I had one a couple years ago without noise issues.

Thanks but I don't think the DM takes a battery. I have the V1 side jack model and the website info is for the V2 top jack... so I will double check when I get home from work to be sure.

Thanks but I don't think the DM takes a battery. I have the V1 side jack model and the website info is for the V2 top jack... so I will double check when I get home from work to be sure.
Your probably right as I was thinking it might not as I was writing my first reply. You could try a seperate 9v adapter and power it by itself.

And is it background noise or is it the signal itself distorts? If it's the latter, that's why I moved mine on.

Try running it off battery power to see if it takes the noise away. If it does then you know you need to get an isolated power supply. I had one a couple years ago without noise issues.

You should get a good isolated power supply anyway. A very worthy investment. I've been using my original Voodoo Lab Pedal Power for 20 years now.

Not trying to shoo you away, but since this is not PRS-specific, you might get some good info/opinions from TGP or other boards that have a broader base.

Isolating the power supply for any pedal in the loop, vs the ones in front of the amp, is always a good idea. Not sure why the EQD DM is noisy in front of the amp on the dirty channel, though. Unless the dirty channel has gain cranked.

Can you try a friend's amp, see how it does?

And is it background noise or is it the signal itself distorts? If it's the latter, that's why I moved mine on.

Background noise in the loop and signal distorts in front on channel 2.

You should get a good isolated power supply anyway. A very worthy investment. I've been using my original Voodoo Lab Pedal Power for 20 years now.

I'm half way to building a new board and been thinking about an ISO psu, but I'm still deciding what pedals I need so I can get the right size board / number of 9v plugs etc,

Not trying to shoo you away, but since this is not PRS-specific, you might get some good info/opinions from TGP or other boards that have a broader base.

Isolating the power supply for any pedal in the loop, vs the ones in front of the amp, is always a good idea. Not sure why the EQD DM is noisy in front of the amp on the dirty channel, though. Unless the dirty channel has gain cranked.

Can you try a friend's amp, see how it does?

I'm not actually a member of any other forum. I read this one for ages before signing up. Everyone on here is super nice and helpful so even though it's not PRS specific, I just wanted a sounding board to be sure in my thought process to prevent regrets later. I do have a 2nd amp, but its not close by for testing. My Mesa is only a few weeks old (and my dream amp) so pedals have to fit the amp. I guess I'll return the Dispatch Master, it's too expensive to keep and not love it.

Last edited:
I'm not actually a member of any other forum. I read this one for ages before signing up. Everyone on here is super nice and helpful so even though it's not PRS specific, I just wanted a sounding board to be sure in my thought process to prevent regrets later. I do have a 2nd amp, but its not close by for testing. My Mesa is only a few weeks old (and my dream amp) so pedals have to fit the amp. I guess I'll return the Dispatch Master, it's too expensive to keep and not love it.
Understood. There are some pedals that don't work for some folks, and that is one of those problematic ones for you.

There are a ton of pedals like it out there, so I'm sure you'll find something else that will work for ya!

Back