Epic NGD x2

drjenkins

I Don't know what to put here...
Warning: Long read and pic heavy

So this week was pretty damn cool I must say, and I can't even begin to express how lucky I am. Totally and utterly out of the ordinary since I've never before been able to make purchases like this in such close proximity to each other. Moving a couple of guitars off and the numbers just lined up, so I took advantage. Probably never happen again either, not that I'm complaining at all! :)

I fell in love with the 594 SC Orange fade that I got from Righteous last month, and went on the preliminary hunt for another one. I figured I'd be looking for a while and have time to save up the money, or at least half of it. As all good plans have a tendency to do for me, that idea went out the window. Saw this one at Eddie's Guitars and had to jump, do not pass go, do not collect $200, etc. Against my better judgement and requisite waffling, the credit card came out with the quickness. Got it in late Wednesday night. Copperhead 594 SC WL solid Indian rosewood neck, ebony board, korina back. Just a crazy top, and it's a boat anchor at 9lb 14oz. Love it. Dealer pics because mine sucked...
SqIxSVy.jpg

UsKnqT1.jpg

Pulled the pickups, because I always like taking a pic of the writing, stickers, etc. and saw this. Anybody got a clue what's up with that? I always thought that it was two identical pickups in the 594's. Couldn't find any info online about them.
IJcp2U5.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now that one I was on top of, this one was a total and dumbfounding surprise:

Then, I had a concert to go to in Atlanta on Saturday night. Wife and I went up a day early to goof off and have Righteous do a setup and quick Plek scan of this one. On our previous trip the owner showed me a Fire Red Burst JA-15 that I played for a bit and really just bonded with. Surprised me, since I'm not really a hollowbody kind of guy, and I'd never seen one in the wild before (they had two of them there). Couldn't get it out of my head since I played it. Had them email me some pics of it a couple weeks ago. Periodically I'd peek at the pics and trying to figure out how I could swing it.

Get to Righteous and see that it's not hanging on the wall anymore, only the Burnt Orange one was left. Figured they may have put it back since they knew I was coming in. Asked Scott about it, and someone bought it earlier on. I was bummed, kind of had to rethink what I was gonna do, if anything. Might as well play the orange one even if it's not my first color choice since these things seem to be pretty rare. Do my best to get past the disappointment, and head to one of the amp rooms to try out the orange one. Hit the door and look up on the hanger, there was the Fire Red JA with a card in the strings that said "Happy Anniversary". All I could do was stutter a bit and smile like an idiot. My wife had worked it all out with the guys up there and told them they had to make me sweat it out. She had bought it a couple weeks ago and they went ahead a did a setup on it based on my 594 that I got from them. So I was probably in the store for an hour or so, marinating in the sad. Trying to get my mind off of it, but still wistfully looking at the empty spot on the wall where it was supposed to be every once in a while, LOL. They got me good, and she got me really good. Super solid guys up there, and I can't thank them enough for helping her with this.

odTL6fH.jpg

SdGqpJ9.jpg

If all that wasn't enough, Righteous has a new laser engraver and they made these killer coasters with my new guitar on them. Gets detailed enough, even at this small of a size, you can see the grain on the back and neck. Just too cool, and I'm pretty sure a drink will never grace these.

CLEhQF9.jpg

HI3aKGr.jpg

Got pics inside of Righteous that I'll put up in another thread later on, place is just crazy. PRS nerd heaven.

Last edited:
Worth the read...Great story! What an enabler of a wife you have...That's something I think my wife would pull!:)

Thanks! Oh she's the reason I have the first 594 too. She's had a hand in almost every PRS I own.

Nice! Righteous is such a great place. These guys are in it for the love of it, just like we are.

Yeah, it's just awesome, no doubt.

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love love love. Way Awesome.

Hug the wife, she rocks!

Back