EPIC NGD: PRS PS 4346 SC245 Singlecut Signature Piezo

HighGain510

Just one more...
Have to admit I seriously lusted after PS 4346 when Pete first posted his NGD pics, so when it became available I sold off a few of my own prized pieces to make it happen! This SC245 Singlecut Sig (plus piezo!) is absolutely perfect on paper, and I'm happy to report she plays and sounds as good (perhaps even better?!) as I had hoped she would!!!

PRS_PS_Singlecut_Sig_Spec_Sheet_1_zpse3465339.jpeg

She needed a bit of a cleaning when she got here but I was able to get her looking good as new with some Gorgomyte, Dunlop 01 cleaner/02 conditioner (just had to be very careful with the 01 stuff and the nitro, didn't want to have issues with that touching the nitro and eating away at the clear since that solvent would likely not mix well with the finish!) and a little elbow grease!

PRS_PS_Singlecut_Sig_Body_1_zps0de46f8a.jpeg

PRS_PS_Singlecut_Sig_Pickups_2_zps5f8e6125.jpeg

PRS_PS_Singlecut_Sig_Pickups_1_zps61108e07.jpeg

PRS_PS_Singlecut_Sig_Headstock_1_zpsfcf00bd6.jpeg

PRS_PS_Singlecut_Sig_Body_4_zpsc2bd2553.jpeg

PRS_PS_Singlecut_Sig_Body_6_zps9d569f07.jpeg

PRS_PS_Singlecut_Sig_Body_2_zps4f939869.jpeg

PRS_PS_Singlecut_Sig_Body_3_zps1ba5d96c.jpeg

PRS_PS_Singlecut_Sig_Headstock_2_zps0a313d98.jpeg

This one is pretty unique because it has a lot of awesome little aesthetic details like the MOP purfling, flamed maple binding and MOP + yellow/orange spiney birds, yet with the finish and all the extras on there, it's one of the more subdued-looking Private Stocks out there which is nice. I dig all PRS from the inconspicuous opaque finished guitars to the totally blinged-out Private Stocks, but this is a nice middle-ground and fits the aesthetics I was hoping for perfectly! I LOVE the tone of a good Les Paul, but Gibson stuff doesn't usually feel right to me, not sure if it's the frets, the neck carves or a combination of both perhaps. I prefer the playability of a PRS, obviously. This one is a happy marriage of the two, the 59/09's sound like a pissed off LP in this guitar but she plays like a wonderful PRS with the DGT frets on there! Super happy with this one!

It sounds like Pete is thrilled with his new addition which is awesome, I'm thrilled that he let this one go as it's really one of the best Private Stocks I've owned to date (and I've had several now)! Something unique between the sinker neck, the nitro finish, the DGT frets and the thicker body just makes this thing absolutely awesome! Couldn't be happier and while I had to let go of a few killer pieces to make it happen, I'm not upset in the slightest as she seems super versatile and sounds fantastic in all positions and settings! The 59/09 neck split is surprisingly good too! We've had nothing but crappy weather lately so maybe this weekend I'll get her outside for some quality SLR deck pics, the one-piece quilted maple top is so three dimensional that it really deserves proper pics to express the depth of the maple and finish!

Just remember who's at the head of the "DIBS" line, right behind Pete... :beer:

Killer guitar!! PRS really does need to add a P245, or what that be a PSC, to their lineup...just sayin'!!

Wow! I am envious!

I am also glad that I have been able to acquire a few of the guitars you passed along, at least in part to fund this one.

Btw Matt is a Classy Guy and always a pleasure to deal with... and a shout out to Pete for Shipping this directly to Matt for me!!!
YOU Guys Rock!!
Glad Everyone is Happy! Epic NGD for several guys!!

Where is the "lust" smiley? Can't wait to try it out. I'll be over this weekend to check it out after I eat some ribs & wings. I'll be wearing a nice big belt buckle.

Thanks gents! I think the love on this one should last well beyond the honeymoon phase, the neck just has that whole "vibrating my entire hand" feeling going on that was electric the minute I picked it up! :D

Just remember who's at the head of the "DIBS" line, right behind Pete... :beer:

Killer guitar!! PRS really does need to add a P245, or what that be a PSC, to their lineup...just sayin'!!

Duly noted sir! ;) Yeah I think they would have a winner on their hands if they made it a production model, but I'd still love this one as she is just a prime example of a Private Stock that truly is head and shoulders above some of my others. I've had a TON of PRS and it seems like my 2012+ Artist Package guitars have been pretty damn close, this one just has that little bit extra going on and I think it's just the sum of the parts that went into this thing creating one absolutely insane piece!

Wow! I am envious!

I am also glad that I have been able to acquire a few of the guitars you passed along, at least in part to fund this one.

Thanks Don! You and I both benefited from this one coming to me! ;) Take good care of those two, both of those are phenomenal guitars (I know a few buddies who got to play the 513 AP are pissed I let it go! :rofl:)

Are you hiding a Sentient pickup underneath the cover????

Haha good eye, not in this guitar but I have put Sentients in some of my PRS SE's actually! ;)

Btw Matt is a Classy Guy and always a pleasure to deal with... and a shout out to Pete for Shipping this directly to Matt for me!!!
YOU Guys Rock!!
Glad Everyone is Happy! Epic NGD for several guys!!

Thanks again JD, you and Pete both rock!!! :rock: Thank-you again for helping get a dream guitar into my hands, finally have the Les Paul tone I've been looking for in PRS form so the fit and finish (and playbility, of course, crucial piece to that puzzle!) are top notch!!!

Where is the "lust" smiley? Can't wait to try it out. I'll be over this weekend to check it out after I eat some ribs & wings. I'll be wearing a nice big belt buckle.

Sounds good man, I'll supply the fried chicken and spiked forearm guards! ;) I think you're really going to dig this one, the tones available from the 59/09's are outstanding, pinch harmonics galore! :rock:

So, what do all of the knobs and switches do?

The 3-way toggle up on the bass bout is for the pickup selector, front knob is volume, then first toggle is neck split, second toggle is bridge split, third toggle is 3-way mag/mix/piezo switch, then tone knob and piezo volume. :D Perfect layout too, been finding myself using the neck split and bridge full hum a lot, really digging the tones on this one a ton!

I am not sure I am ready for the hit to my bank account for whatever you may decide to let go next!

Hopefully (for both of us haha) I'll be slowing things down a little bit! :rofl:

Back