Engrave a Silver Sky truss rod cover?

Wondering if it’s possible or if anyone has done it?

I lost my favorite dog ever a little over a year ago and was thinking of engraving her name (Lucy) on it as a little memento.

Thanks!
Sorry to hear about Lucy.

Sometimes a local maker space, or perhaps a machine shop may have a small cnc mill that can do that.

I did a search on custom engraving and a number of small local places showed up. Often times you can contact them for little things like this that they don't necessarily list.

Or try Etsy, I expect there may be a small shop on there that could help you out!

Good luck!

You might want to check out/contact Synergy Guitars. They seem to sell some custom truss rod covers for PRS guitars. Might be what you are after.

(Didn't see the Silver Sky on their website but I didn't do a deep dive.)

Great idea! Places like Tap Plastics and engraving kiosks at the mall could almost certainly do it. Note that engraving plastic is different from metal, so a metal engraver may not have the right equipment.

Great idea! Places like Tap Plastics and engraving kiosks at the mall could almost certainly do it. Note that engraving plastic is different from metal, so a metal engraver may not have the right equipment.

The SS truss cover is metal, not plastic.

As alantig said “find a local trophy shop“. Over the years I’ve had at least 3 truss rod covers custom engraved at our local shop. And having a second cover is a good idea. They were a little skittish at first as they didn’t want to mess it up. I told them they could practice on the back to center the engraving and check for the depth of the cut. I was really happy with the ones they did for me.

Reviving my original thread as I’ve had a chance to finally do this!

My beloved Lucy that I still miss every day:
169-DF380-B481-43-A0-83-AC-21-F85-E87-A514.jpg

E22358-A1-F5-DD-43-BD-8718-4-FF6-FD1-D302-C.jpg

And since I bought a second Silver Sky, my current dog Penny:
581-C2-B99-B304-48-E4-9-A36-88-C5-EB1-A578-B.jpg

EA586651-9-C8-A-46-CB-B69-B-EF8807-BE05-FE.jpg

Back