Eleven Rack anyone?

rubalup

Does anyone have experience with this unit?

i need to replace my damn Pod HD500 that stops working and i´m looking into one of these without the protools...My budget is <400. I will use it mainly with my cover band going direct to PA and monitoring/practicing/rehearsal with my just arrived power engine 60.

Any love / hate for this?

i just need a nice clean, clean + chorus/tremolo , tube crunch and a good hard rock od / lead tones. Some delay and reverb here and there. Nothing to elaborate or fancy... but i would like to get a good tone.

Thanks

I have one in my studio rack that I use for quick turnaround on commercial tracks. I wouldn't personally use one live, but I'm a tube-amp guy. If I was going to use one of these, I'd pick the Eleven Rack way ahead of the Pod HD500.

I have one in my studio rack that I use for quick turnaround on commercial tracks. I wouldn't personally use one live, but I'm a tube-amp guy. If I was going to use one of these, I'd pick the Eleven Rack way ahead of the Pod HD500.

Thanks for the opinion. Truth is that i used the HD500 live with ok outcome... not gonna say I have a bunch of guitar players come at the stage and ask me how i got that amazing tone... but it was OK on the band mix... i had a bad time monitoring and thats why i got the power engine... but the pod just broke before i could use it.

I want a unit that sounds good, and that give me a nice clean, crunch rhythm and a nice lead.

Over the years I have owned and used Line 6 Flextones, Pods and various other modeling pedals. For the last year I have been using a Boss GT100 and it is amazing. I use it every week direct to console in church and couldn't be happier. I have also used it with my 2 Channel H direct input and in a 4 cable setup. I prefer the amp with just a stomp box or two but I'm so spoiled to the versatility of GT100 I'm willing to compromise a little. I have had many people ask about my rig that are surprised to know I don't have an amp off stage somewhere. I wish you could have been able to use the power engine and heard your thoughts. I've though about getting one myself.

I used one for a while. Great tones! I think it would do exactly what you are looking for it to do.

Over the years I have owned and used Line 6 Flextones, Pods and various other modeling pedals. For the last year I have been using a Boss GT100 and it is amazing. I use it every week direct to console in church and couldn't be happier. I have also used it with my 2 Channel H direct input and in a 4 cable setup. I prefer the amp with just a stomp box or two but I'm so spoiled to the versatility of GT100 I'm willing to compromise a little. I have had many people ask about my rig that are surprised to know I don't have an amp off stage somewhere. I wish you could have been able to use the power engine and heard your thoughts. I've though about getting one myself.

I´ve been able to use it as the malfunction on the pod happens randomly.

I have to be honest and say that its not as transparent as they advertise (at least as much transparent as a 1x12 open back celestion loaded cab could be).... but the 3 channel eq let you use your PA ready patches and monitor yourself on an aceptable way. It is also VERY loud.

You could dial tones for the power engine that sound better than the ones you use for going direct to FOH + eq, but for me that would be just more problem. I just want a good way to monitor on stage.

I guess for less than $300 new is an ok buy. And it looks cool too.

I also have an Eleven rack with the expansion pack and I am really happy with it. Very versatile and can be the heart of a small home studio.
A lot of great tones and a lot of user presets of favorite sounds available on line (some are pretty good !!).
If you want to use it live, you should also get a foot controller to change things on the fly. Something like a Behringer FCB1010 is cheap and does the job nicely.

I also have an Eleven rack with the expansion pack and I am really happy with it. Very versatile and can be the heart of a small home studio.
A lot of great tones and a lot of user presets of favorite sounds available on line (some are pretty good !!).
If you want to use it live, you should also get a foot controller to change things on the fly. Something like a Behringer FCB1010 is cheap and does the job nicely.

Thanks for your answer.

My idea is to use the pod hd500 to control the 11R via midi. I hope o can use with no problems.

Back