Electro Harmonix B9 Organ Simulator Guitar Pedal

CoreyT

PRS Addiction
Rob gives this pedal a good workout.
I was thinking to myself it would be cool to hear the riff to Smoke On The Water, and within a minute or so, he started playing it.

Last edited by a moderator:
This pedal is on my "toy wish list" - something I'd love to mess around with, but can't really justify in and of itself - I'll likely never use it live, it would be just for "music room antics", as it were.

I brought one to our "jam class". The instructor (Plays keys and sings, as needed) just about fell off his stool......"WTF is THAT" (He said with a huge grin).

Also, it need not be used full on......It can be set to a light blend so it sorta "hangs" in the background, adding a little "texture" to your guitar. One example, on the arpeggios in "Still Got The Blues".

Otherwise, I need to (try to) think like a keyboard player.....My usual bends and vibrato are not exactly "natural" keyboard sounds.

I used one at a music store the other day and was not much impressed with it. I couldn't find any sounds that I cared for and it seems like you would have to, for many, completely adjust the way you play guitar in order to get the most out of the pedal.

There are a lot of other pedals that I would like to get, just not this one.

I really hoped I'd like it, but didn't. I won't be needing to play keyboard parts on the guitar.

If you like it, great. Post some clips, I'd be interesting in hearing what you can do with it, compared to my experience with it.

I had an Epitome for a while specifically for the organ sim capabilities, but couldn't justify it on the board for one sound, one song. This pedal seems to do the B9 stuff much better than the Epitome at a much better price point, so maybe it's easier to justify having it as a novelty? Being in a band without keys, it's nice to have the option of covering a characteristic riff/sound.

Rob gives this pedal a good workout.
I was thinking to myself it would be cool to hear the riff to Smoke On The Water, and within a minute or so, he started playing it.

I can't stand these two Jerk-off's.

Premier Guitar Magazine gives one of these a workout, they just uploaded this one.
I have to admit I would not mind having one to mess around with, but I think I would get tired of it after awhile.
I have too many pedals now...
Can one have t0o many?
Have you seen The Edges pedals from U2?

Nothing beats a actual B3.

Hammond, there's nothing like the real thing.

Dang, I do miss the days when these were in hard rock bands.

So do I. Because I was the guy playing it! ;)

Ah, the days of moving furniture from the living room of the organ player's mom to use in a smokey club somewhere. We did polish the Leslie and B3 when we brought them back.

Ah, the days of moving furniture from the living room of the organ player's mom to use in a smokey club somewhere. We did polish the Leslie and B3 when we brought them back.

Try disassembling the interior of a '65 Mustang to fit a Hammond with the legs removed for a fun time!

OK, you got me beat with that as we always had an Econoline, Suburban, or Chevy Van.
Kids today don't know how easy they got it now.

Back