EIRW Cu24 with added rosewood bits

cjmwrx

Wheels
I decided I wanted more rosewood on my Cu24. All EIRW:

Pickup Rings, Control Pocket cover, Trem Cover, Truss Rodd Cover, and you can't see it but a rosewood trem block which wasn't included in the shipment.
UPDATE - 3/10/2013 Original order placed 2/10/2013

John @ pickuprings.com did not respond to my order for week. When he did respond, he apologized with an excuse blaming NAMM (which was over weeks before). After a couple of more e-mails, he still took another 10 days to ship my order, and when it did arrive, my rosewood tremblock was not in the shipment (though it did include and extra toggle cover and control cover). I sent an e-mail requesting to have the trem block sent, and he said he would get it right out. Waited a week, and nothing. Sent another e-mail, waited another week, no response. I would not do business with him again in the future.

Also, the Truss Rod cover and trem cover did not fit properly(no option on order for US or SE fitment). So the truss rod cover had to be sanded down on the bottom edge to fit, and the screws on the trem cover cannot be tightened flush without the wood splitting, and have to be started in on an angle. I had to use a rasp and a small drill bit to make it fit somewhat normal.

Granted it's only a 5-6 dollar part. But, I am about getting what I paid for. Why I play PRS. You can respond to e-mails all you want with excuses, but if you don't execute, you are worthless IMHO.

P1012795_zps57ef30ab.jpg

P1012798_zps0ca67ee8.jpg

I may still order one of the inlayed TRC from Synergy.

Last edited:
Original Post updated. I will not do business with this guy again.

In my original post, I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt. But, he has erased all doubt at this point. Apparently you aren't important to him unless you are buying one of his 10K PRS knockoffs. I would stay away from him at all costs.

Last edited:
Thanks! I will check them out. I will say that his pickup rings fit perfectly, and look good.

I just hate ordering crap from overseas.

I know what you mean but CrazyParts are soooooooo good to work with and their products are just top notch across the board - great woods and great fit!

I know what you mean but CrazyParts are soooooooo good to work with and their products are just top notch across the board - great woods and great fit!

Thanks, I do trust your opinion a lot (not that I don't trust Sinner) . Placing an order for a proper TRC, trem cover, and control cover. It will be nice to have some finished parts that fit correctly.

Thanks. I don't think anyone is going to mistake these for a PRS. Not even in a smokey bar. :)

Shawn, Go back to the page and click on the "2012models" icon on the top left. The first guitar "Crown" looks just like a Santana ina finish close to Frostbite or Nightshade. If I saw that picture of that guitar without the headsatock, I would take it as a Santana with a similar but unusual tone knob configuration. Just my thought.

cmd1.jpg

Last edited:
and you can't see it but a rosewood trem block which wasn't included in the shipment.
please be that kind and shoot a pic from that block - have it on both sides?
got measurements?
what did it tonally?

thanks

btw: all my additional wooden stuff comes from crazyparts - best fit and quality!

Shawn, Go back to the page and click on the "2012models" icon on the top left. The first guitar "Crown" looks just like a Santana ina finish close to Frostbite or Nightshade. If I saw that picture of that guitar without the headsatock, I would take it as a Santana with a similar but unusual tone knob configuration. Just my thought.

cmd1.jpg

Yeah, I figured someone would dig deeper.

please be that kind and shoot a pic from that block - have it on both sides?
got measurements?
what did it tonally?

thanks

btw: all my additional wooden stuff comes from crazyparts - best fit and quality!

Never recieved the block. Hence my rant. :wink: I put a Tremel-no on it, and I LOVE it.

Last edited:
I received my trem block (s) today. He sent me 7 of them to make up for the delay.

2 - flame maple
2 - East Indian rosewood
2 - Ebony
1 - I am pretty sure is Brazilian because it just rings out when dropped much more than the others.

I would consider ordering from him again as he is only 45 minutes from my house, but the response must be worlds better than this time.

Back