Effects Board Connections

This is why I went the multifx route. It just needs 1 power source, and a cable in and out, and I'm done!

Multifx has advanced so much that they sound so convincing and amazing nowadays. I started with pedals in the 80's but being in a 3rd world it could get too expensive so it was just a distortion and chorus for me, then Zoom back in the 90's, then Digitech RPs, Boss GT-3, to GT-6, to GT-1, to GT-100, and now my current Headrush Gigboard. The Gigboard is amazing!

This is why I went the multifx route. It just needs 1 power source, and a cable in and out, and I'm done!

Multifx has advanced so much that they sound so convincing and amazing nowadays. I started with pedals in the 80's but being in a 3rd world it could get too expensive so it was just a distortion and chorus for me, then Zoom back in the 90's, then Digitech RPs, Boss GT-3, to GT-6, to GT-1, to GT-100, and now my current Headrush Gigboard. The Gigboard is amazing!

Like others, I tried something similar with a high-end multi-fx switcher unit that was notoriously labor-intensive trying to get it to work correctly. The programming aspect of it was too much, not because I'm not computer savvy, but because I prefer a simple plug-and-play mindset with only minor set-up or adjustment to obtain a desired tone.

In other words, if the instruction manual is more than 3 to 5 pages long, my eyes glaze over, and my IQ falls 15 to 20 points. I go from Gizmo to Zero in less than 10 minutes. If the instruction manual helps me obtain the tone I'm searching for by performing a couple knob adjustments, that's what I'd prefer.

Also, I had reasoned that trying to sell a multi-fx device would be too much of a loss knowing that not everyone desires a multi device and prefers individual effects that can be swapped out as needed.

Though congratulations on being tech-savvy and being able to program your multi-fx with aplomb. Unfortunately, my patience with complicated devices that are insidious for doing GIGO flawlessly are beyond my level of expertise. :oops:

FTR, it took me several years to begin to understand how to use MS Word and various additional programs on both Windows and Mac devices. This was back in '93. I think I began to get the hang of Windows computers in '98, and still couldn't program these to run macros to save my butt. Still can't.

Just happy to know how to work with MS documents and spreadsheets and be minimally self-taught elsewhere. The old dog/new tricks thing just doesn't happen that much with me, and darned if I can try to teach someone older than me how to use their devices without my own radiator overheating. :eek:

EDIT: Just thought to mention both lots of 20 Tightrope R/A Plugs listed previously on eBay are now SOLD. Thanks for viewing!

Last edited:
Back