Edit: 594 NGD has arrived. Awesome unexpected color

If the seller included the hang tag, it would say WL on it. Also, taking off one of the pickups (neck?) to look at the modcat should show one starting with WL as well.

Small dimension differences on the neck carves can feel very different, at least in my experience. Took me a bit to get used to PV but it quickly became my favorite neck carve. Pattern Regular is the smallest shape I can handle now. I recently tried Pattern Thin which is only slightly thinner than PR but it felt way too small and my hand cramped up. The numbers don’t always tell the story.

b7b2iPF.jpg
tcrNTHf.jpg

Here are the bridge and neck tags respectively. It’s funny that the case number agrees with the bridge pickup tag number, but the neck tag number is slightly different. The hang tag has it listed as a 10 top. I wonder if was downgrade from WL to a 10-top.

I agree with your assessment about the neck. Until I’m 100% used to the PV profile, my favorite has been the Pattern. I can easily go to a PR and a PT without a significant adjustment time. It literally takes me seconds to feel fully comfortable when switching across those neck profiles. However, the Pattern is just so much more comfortable relative to the PR or PT. Funny thing is how because of the geometry and shape of the neck, to me the Pattern feel less chunky than the PR even though the PR is technically slimmer than the Pattern. I find it analogous to running shoes. Sometime the difference of a 1-2mm in the heel to toe drop feels drastic. I find that with guitar necks is the same way. Probably even more dramatic.

I think I now feel fully comfortable with the neck. Let's just say the hype is justified. At this point I don't know if I will prefer it over the Patter carve on my McCarty, but it's up there. You guys weren't exaggerating. If anything you guys were understating how phenomenal this guitar is. 594s are just surreal. Add that the "satin" UV PRS magic (or whatever it is they do to get that texture) and it's a guitar impossible to put down. Holly [insert curses]!!!! Just wow. You guys know your stuff and I'm glad I caved in and joined the 594 club.

I think I now feel fully comfortable with the neck. Let's just say the hype is justified. At this point I don't know if I will prefer it over the Patter carve on my McCarty, but it's up there. You guys weren't exaggerating. If anything you guys were understating how phenomenal this guitar is. 594s are just surreal. Add that the "satin" UV PRS magic (or whatever it is they do to get that texture) and it's a guitar impossible to put down. Holly [insert curses]!!!! Just wow. You guys know your stuff and I'm glad I caved in and joined the 594 club.

When you consider the quality of instruments that a fair few people here have access too, that play on regularly, when they say something is great,special etc, then it really is stunningly awesome. Its no wonder that people may well be understating how phenomenal this guitar is. When John Mayer also thinks its the best new guitar to have released in years - ok, he said that before the Silver Sky released so may feel a bit different now but that also goes to show how great these instruments really are.

When you consider the quality of instruments that a fair few people here have access too, that play on regularly, when they say something is great,special etc, then it really is stunningly awesome. Its no wonder that people may well be understating how phenomenal this guitar is. When John Mayer also thinks its the best new guitar to have released in years - ok, he said that before the Silver Sky released so may feel a bit different now but that also goes to show how great these instruments really are.

It’s funny, I didn’t know John Mayer said that. Interesting how sometimes I like certain gear to later find out John Mayer also likes them. Like when I got the Strymon Flint.

You are absolutely right, people here are used to good guitars, but it’s in part because of those high standards that I value your guys’ opinion. Even before I got my first PRS, I was fortunate to be spoiled by the nicer stuff. Maybe not PS level, but at least the core analogous of other brands. So I appreciate and respect when I see fandom without blinders. And I’m sorry if I’m being a bit too bubbly, I’m just in a good mood because of this guitar. This guitar just makes me smile.

here is the full quote about the PRS 594

“The 594 is the best new guitar I've played in years. It has a vintage heart and soul but without the technical limitations that usually come along with an old instrument. What good is an old guitar if you can't get all that feel out of the upper frets, or the intonation is off? To hear that old PAF sound but be able to articulate the notes in a way that only modern manufacturing could allow is so exciting.” – John Mayer

Back