Ebony Tuning Pegs

nosidamde

Taco Flavored Kisses
Today I received my ebony tuning pegs from John Mann's Guitar Vault and wanted to share the update. In case anyone out there is considering making the change, it's worth it! Good quality, looks good, and this will sound strange but they feel good to the touch.

The big question in my mind now is, should I swap out the white pickup rings and 3-way selector knob? I've reached out to Gilford Guitars, they have those products in ebony for my Tremonti model but I feel like the white accents do a decent job breaking up the colors on the guitar. I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts!

nyywmqv.jpg

Lq5Adqf.jpg

Q3Snhri.jpg

If you aren't a fan of the white plastic rings, but like the color, grab some maple rings.

As for the knobs, I got some wooden ones, but realized I actually like the clear/black plastic ones better!

That's something I haven't considered yet, with the maple rings... The original thought process was ebony ALL the things except for the tone/volume knobs, which I love those as it is. :D

I have ebony on my McCarty Singlecut, and you’re right, they do feel good (the guitar came with them).

Personally, I’m not a fan of the yellowed, coffee-stained rings, to me they look like bad teeth, but if you don’t want to keep the cream ones, black or ebony (if you want wood ones) would be pretty nice,

I’d keep the cream ones. The guitar looks wonderful as-is.

Last edited:
Today I received my ebony tuning pegs from John Mann's Guitar Vault and wanted to share the update. In case anyone out there is considering making the change, it's worth it! Good quality, looks good, and this will sound strange but they feel good to the touch.

The big question in my mind now is, should I swap out the white pickup rings and 3-way selector knob? I've reached out to Gilford Guitars, they have those products in ebony for my Tremonti model but I feel like the white accents do a decent job breaking up the colors on the guitar. I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts!

nyywmqv.jpg

Lq5Adqf.jpg

Q3Snhri.jpg
DO IT!!!!! EBONY ROCKS

I actually changed my mind over the ebony buttons I had put on my Chris Robertson SE (their quite pale for ebony), I decided they looked better on the Santana / Custom 22 Hybrid. Just ordered a hybrid bridge for this one and the CR is getting hybrid tuners (see update tomorrow).

Personally, I don't think they look like dirty teeth!
B9APyL5.jpg

It looks good against that natural (Korina?) body! After seeing this, I would prefer white against the charcoal on mine. Thank you for sharing!

As promised a updated picture of the Chris Robertson SE.

Custom Ebony & MOP Eagle Truss Rod Cover
PRS Core Nut
Ivory Switch Tip
Core Ivory Pickup Surround
Wilkinson EZ-Lok Tuners
PRS Adjustable Stoptail
John Mann Brass Satin Stoptail Studs
“Core” Amber Lampshade Knobs
CTS Pots
Spraque PIO .022 Capacitor

Close up of the tuners

These are made from 2 sets of Wilkinson WJ-01 EZ-Lok Tuners. The EZ-Lok system uses 2 sets of holes drilled in the shaft are right angles to each other, you feed through the top holes first then back through the lower ones locking the string and tune to pitch.

Back