Ebony Tuner Button Question

David Grantham

Hello, I have a set of ebony tuner buttons from a non-locking set of tuners from the year 2000. I was wondering if the buttons will fit a JA-15 with phase III tuners? Thanks for any help. Cheers!

Last edited:
Depends on what tuners the buttons were made for. I've had some mixed luck swapping buttons so far. Make sure the inside flat surfaces on the buttons match up well with the flat sides of the tuner shaft. If they slip around on the shaft before being tightened down, you're gonna feel it when you tune, and may end up breaking the button.

Good luck, and share your results!

Depends on what tuners the buttons were made for. I've had some mixed luck swapping buttons so far. Make sure the inside flat surfaces on the buttons match up well with the flat sides of the tuner shaft. If they slip around on the shaft before being tightened down, you're gonna feel it when you tune, and may end up breaking the button.

Good luck, and share your results!

Thanks for the tip Egads, the buttons came off of a 2000 Hollowbody spruce. I'm hoping to put them on a JA 15. I'll let you know how it turns out if I get brave enough to move forward with it. Cheers!

Hello, I have a set of ebony tuner buttons from a non-locking set of tuners from the year 2000. I was wondering if the buttons will fit a JA-15 with phase III tuners? Thanks for any help. Cheers!

Those buttons won't fit Phase III tuners, but we now have ebony and faux bone buttons made specifically for Phase III tuners. You can the parts department on Friday and order a set. or give us a few more days and wait until they are up online.

Those buttons won't fit Phase III tuners, but we now have ebony and faux bone buttons made specifically for Phase III tuners. You can the parts department on Friday and order a set. or give us a few more days and wait until they are up online.

Freakin' schweet!!!

Back