Ebay PRS SE from Japan?

GPS

Hello,

There seem to be some really interesting rare gear on eBay from Japanese sellers. After some research it seems that most are essentially brokers and use the same pictures and everything from local shops.

Has anyone actually bought one from Japan? This guitar is calling my name!

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/264282694615

I also found one in Spain on Reverb, but they do not have the correct documents to ship to the US...

I emailed the ebay seller and asked for pictures with the serial number to confirm the actual guitar he is selling. He has 100% feedback and a lot of them are high end instruments.

Any thoughts?

I would be surprised if they wanted to go through the CITES hassle for a $600 guitar. I tried to buy something from Anderton's, and they wouldn't have it on an $800 one.

Reactions: GPS
That’s not a rare guitar... be patient and that’s like, $350 tops, without a chip in the headstock, and with the real gig bag.

I’m fairly certain the Soapbar II maple top only came in two colors (or at least as I recall after a couple glasses of wine) this being one, and the other more common being the tobacco/tri-burst, but there still have to be close to a few thousand of them worldwide I imagine.

But hey, buy it if it’ll make you happy. They’re awesome guitars and I adore mine.

WqR3Ozt.jpg

That’s not a rare guitar... be patient and that’s like, $350 tops, without a chip in the headstock, and with the real gig bag.

I’m fairly certain the Soapbar II maple top only came in two colors (or at least as I recall after a couple glasses of wine) this being one, and the other more common being the tobacco/tri-burst, but there still have to be close to a few thousand of them worldwide I imagine.

But hey, buy it if it’ll make you happy. They’re awesome guitars and I adore mine.

WqR3Ozt.jpg

The soapbar II Maple isn’t rare, but the blue and green finishes seem to be difficult to find. I have found the tobacco burst but I’m not a fan. Your soapbar is very cool! Interesting finish.

WqR3Ozt.jpg

Nailed it.

+1, keep looking local to you. Patience. P90s are worth the wait.

Last edited:
I appreciate all of the advice. If anyone knows of anyone looking to sell one in the Blue Matteo finish, let me know haha.

Back