Easy to Rewire S2 so Both Split Pickups Cancel Hum Together?

JTroska

if I run my S2 Semi Hollow Singlecut with both humbuckers split, I still get singlecoil hum. But Fender Strats and Musicman guitars cancel hum when two single coils are activated together.

Is there an easy way to re-wire the S2 so the two split humbuckers work together to cancel him? I think the Core CU22/24 works this way via the 5-way switch but I'm not sure if the S2 3-way toggle can do it.

Me again. Can't find a direct answer on the web. But I'm tracing the wires and looking at a Seymour Duncan wiring diagram and I may have stumbled upon the culprit.

If I'm understanding the spaghetti in the cavity, it looks like both coil splits are deactivating the slug coil and leaving the adjustable screw coil activated.

Im guessing we would need to activate/deactivate opposite coils from each pickup to achieve hum canceling in the middle position. In other words, I think if the neck pickup keeps its screw coil activated in a split, the bridge pickup should keep its slug coil activated in the split.

But what the heck do I know?

Anyway it looks like I'd need to move 3 wires to achieve activating the opposite coil in a split. Maybe I could inverse the bridge pickup wiring so the split turns on the slug coil instead of the screw coil. And maybe that slug coil combined with the neck pickup's screw coil would cancel hum in the middle position.

Again, what do I know? Should I fire up the soldering iron or leave this alone?

Back