early version CE24 10 tops?

1989 CE 24
5A2v6Fd.jpg

Veering off the thread topic a little, but there's an '06 Blazing Copper CE22 Mahogany (like the one on the left in the above photo) in "minty" condition that's up right now on the Tampa Bay Craigslist for $1100. Good deal? I'm tempted...

https://tampa.craigslist.org/hil/msg/d/prs-ce22/6521033738.html
Glad you passed on it ... so I could scoop it up!

I was a bit nervous about the removed neck finish for a bit, too. But I came to the conclusion that since I will at some point likely send it to the PTC for a Floyd install anyways, I could always get the new nitro satin neck finish done to it at the same time. And I loved the satin finish neck on the SE Zach Myers, so I may love it as-is. I’ll find out soon~

I was a bit nervous about the removed neck finish for a bit, too. But I came to the conclusion that since I will at some point likely send it to the PTC for a Floyd install anyways, I could always get the new nitro satin neck finish done to it at the same time. And I loved the satin finish neck on the SE Zach Myers, so I may love it as-is. I’ll find out soon~

Sweet!

There's a local 2001 CE-22 in Black Cherry with zebra Suhr pickups this reminds me of. I've been trying not to think about it..
I still need to take the pups out of this one to find out what they are. Previous owner told me they were Dragon's which I've learned wasn't accurate.

I still need to take the pups out of this one to find out what they are. Previous owner told me they were Dragon's which I've learned wasn't accurate.
Yea, did PRS offer zebra pickups on standard models before the SE line?

Yea, did PRS offer zebra pickups on standard models before the SE line?
I'm not too sure on what the options were. Guessing the previous owner was either lied to, or he swapped them and didn't let me know. It has a freeway 6-pos toggle and coil tap that doesn't seem to function :D Still sounds good, I just need to figure out what all is going on and hopefully I can just replace the electronics with an old 5-pos rotary.

So you got it, huh? Cool!!

Back