Early 2000s Singlecuts!?

PRSSinglecut-Body3-1.jpg

Here's my 2000 Singlecut with a 1-piece 10 top. I bought it new back in Sept. 2000 and it only weighs 8.5 lbs and is a beast! To answer a question posed earlier, I do believe all original issue Singlecuts have Wide Fat necks. I was so excited when these first came out and fell in love with this one the second I saw it. The flame top just moves all over the place on this one and it was easy to see why they left it alone instead of bookmatching it. :D

PRSSinglecut-Body3-1.jpg

Here's my 2000 Singlecut with a 1-piece 10 top. I bought it new back in Sept. 2000 and it only weighs 8.5 lbs and is a beast! To answer a question posed earlier, I do believe all original issue Singlecuts have Wide Fat necks. I was so excited when these first came out and fell in love with this one the second I saw it. The flame top just moves all over the place on this one and it was easy to see why they left it alone instead of bookmatching it. :D
Beautiful!
You have me wanting to buy the Sunburst model I see that is mint. It's a 2000-2001 I believe, and only 8 lbs which is lighter than my weight relieved SC250.

I'm not a big fan of gold hardware but the guy wants $2600 and I can get a similar Sunburst singlecut with nickel hardware for $2000.

Do any of you know about the SC250?
My SC250 sound huge and 3-D. Maybe the biggest sounding guitar I've owned.
Are the original or early 2000s Singlecuts also big sounding.
I'm tempted to get another SC250 and swap pickups to some more vintage PRS nickel covered pups and maybe installing a Tremonti Bridge pickup in my current SC250 or vice versa.

Are the necks on the 2000-2002 Singlecuts the same as what I'd have on my 2008 SC250?

Back