dying of GAS right now...

vchizzle

Zomb!e Nine, DFZ
Sorry there's no pics since it doesn't exist :biggrin:
I've got P22 GAS really, really, really bad right now. The only thing that's keeping it anywhere close to at bay is that I want something that doesn't exist and can't get without going PS, which I can't do. Anyway, if I could....

P22
XXX faded indigo or white tiger top with natural back
old school birds, probably paua shell that accented the top color
nickel hardware
phase 3, maybe pearly buttons
matte finished back of neck
5708 neck squabbin
\m/ or 5909 bridge squabbin
mini toggle kill switch - unless I could go DGT control layout(I like 2 volumes) with the piezo like Doc's idea...but that might get cluttered looking?

I suppose some fancy flamed mahogany or something since I was in PS zone
It's really nothing to outrageous, I know, but unobtanium none the less. It's really kinda killing me.

Ha! I do, but I like the HB in standard tuning and band does a lot of drop tuning heavier rock so I want piezo in a solid body too! :D

I can sympathize! My stomach has been gurgling for weeks as I drool over this site and forum. I'm waaay in over my head at the moment with new purchases being considered. GAS must be a symptom of a middle age crisis in my case. :dontknow:

PRS guitars are so beautiful to look at and play that there's a huge see more/want more thing that happens.

I sometimes have to remind myself that I saw many of the greats play whole nights, and make iconic records, with only one guitar. Keeps me grounded.

I've reached the point where I just want a few unusually good ones that suit my style, and that's it. Anything else must go.

Last edited:
That sounds painful!

beanotakeright_1.jpg

Old joke but....just couldn't resist...

anybody else think of Clapton when they saw this??

I forgot to mention, it would have a wicked chevy quilt top.

I'm seriously considering selling a couple guitars and going after this. I still don't know if I could make it happen in the end because there would still be a large financial gap, but I'm considering it.

LET ME HELP! :D
IMG_0633.jpg

http://briansguitars.com/product/paul-reed-smith-artist-package-p22-faded-blue-jean

That gets pretty close to your spec - without going PS. :top: Then over to Shawn and the Boyz at the PTC for the single coil / Push pull tone( volume) pot mod and while it's there have it set for two volumes.

You're Welcome! :laugh:

(please buy it - it's driving me crazy! LOL!!! ;) )

EDIT: Oh wait you said QUILT :D
http://www.theguitarshop.ca/prs-artist-package-p22-ser-198723/
(sorry I can't seem to get a pic, I can link too... Paging Brent.... ;) )

Last edited:
Nah, if I'm spending that kinda coin, I'll just order it. I'm not a trem guy.

I'm not either, but I haven't got to play a PRS trem yet...

Might as well order one! ;) Oh darn the bad luck.... :biggrin:

I'm sure we could find a dealer or two around here that would be happy to help! :laugh:

Back