Duncans in a S2 Singlecut ?

DogPhishHead

I've got my eye on a used S2 Singlecut with a Seth Lover in the neck and a JB in the bridge. I've play one of the original S2 singlecuts a few years ago...that guitar sustained for days and that was cleanish, through a little Blues Jr. Curious how different those Duncan pups are from the 57/08s in my McCarty ?

I replaced a 57/08 with a covered JB in the bridge of my 594. It's still a versatile pickup, but definitely hotter and a bit smoother with gain than the 57/08. I was looking for more push, and I got it. I haven't tried a Seth Lover, from what I've heard it may be a bit like a 58/15 lt.

I replaced a 57/08 with a covered JB in the bridge of my 594. It's still a versatile pickup, but definitely hotter and a bit smoother with gain than the 57/08. I was looking for more push, and I got it. I haven't tried a Seth Lover, from what I've heard it may be a bit like a 58/15 lt.
Thanks...and when I checked Reverb this morning, the guitar sold :(. I guess I should have jumped on it last night (for $1,100, seemed like a winner).

I know the guitar is gone but a SD JB is one of my favorite HB bridge pups by SD. Yes its hotter but splits so nice and as said handles gain like a champ. All in all I like it a lot. Used it many times in various guitars.

Bummer. That seems like a great price.
The seller contacted me last night...he pulled the guitar from Reverb after he took it to band practice and fell back in love again....dang ! I did ask for first dibs if he decides to move it again.

Bummer on the lost chance. Just to complete the conversation (if that is even possible). The Seth lover is unpotted. So if you wanted to drive it hard, it would feedback pretty easily. I have them in an H150 and I love them there, but I have to manage the gain. I actually like to make it feedback when the amp has just enough gain to put them over the edge. The sound is so tasty.

the good news is they are cheap as chips second hand, readily available, can buy and put in new pickups

I love mine, the neck is a little chunkier than an other S2 I had, and perfect for me

Back