Dude listens to Rush YYZ first time NSFW!

Caress of Steel. Both fantastic albums. I'd list Farewell to Kings as my fav.
Boy, picking a favorite is tricky business here. Everything from 2112 to at least Presto was incredible. My favorite has always been Moving Pictures. But even the underrated ones like Hemispheres and A Farewell To Kings are incredible.

Mike Duncan - 45 years old and only ever heard "Tom Sawyer".

I was Adam Goldberg, not Johnny Atkins....

v1.dDs0Mjc2Nzc7ajsxODAwNDsxMjAwOzMwMDA7MjM5NA

I'm a big fan of Rush....Alex Lifeson is seriously underrated as a guitarist imo.

Five albums you need to hear :

A farewell to kings
Hemispheres
Moving Pictures
Permanent Waves

Just as Jimi has the "Hendrix" chord, there's the famous Rush chord....play an open E chord into an F# bar chord with the top two strings open....instant Rush :)

I'm a big fan of Rush....Alex Lifeson is seriously underrated as a guitarist imo.

Five albums you need to hear :

A farewell to kings
Hemispheres
Moving Pictures
Permanent Waves

Just as Jimi has the "Hendrix" chord, there's the famous Rush chord....play an open E chord into an F# bar chord with the top two strings open....instant Rush :)
The Alex F# is my happy chord :D

Yeah! I didn't notice how similar "Far Cry" is to parts of "Hemispheres" until one day I decided to learn to play it. And I was all "whoa! this is familiar territory!"
Slamming the opening Alex F# to Hemispheres always gets me out of a funk and after a few versus nearly always ends up going into the Far Cry riff :rolleyes:

That F# and various sus4 chord shapes are all over his sonic textures :)

Slamming the opening Alex F# to Hemispheres always gets me out of a funk and after a few versus nearly always ends up going into the Far Cry riff :rolleyes:

That F# and various sus4 chord shapes are all over his sonic textures :)

Yeah, and he got 'em all over mine too...

Just wear protective gear so you don't end up with Scars. I've got two on my chest from an experiment gone bad - one near my shoulder, and one closer to the heart.
I hear that’s very popular down in Rio ;)

As a drummer I've been a fan of Rush and Neil Peart for years. But more importantly, now you have me watching this guys reaction videos. They're fantastic. Stupid internet rabbit holes. Thanks a lot. :mad::p:D
I’m up to about 10 now and have laughed out loud at every one!

As a drummer I've been a fan of Rush and Neil Peart for years. But more importantly, now you have me watching this guys reaction videos. They're fantastic. Stupid internet rabbit holes. Thanks a lot. :mad::p:D

Bohemian Rhapsody had me howling and asking why I never came up with some of those comments.

Back