Dude listens to Rush YYZ first time NSFW!

I have never heard that song until now. For real. While I LOVE prog, I never got into Rush. I am just starting to. My reaction is WHOA!!!!!!! That was awesome. I really liked the Egyptian solos in the middle. Very cool.

Mark. You must move forward and continue through to the end. The last 10 tours were the best. Wait till you get to Snakes and Arrows and forward. Wait till you hear the tour where a fantastic string section, cellows, violins etcs. were incorporated. Johnathan Diinkler ( world renouned violinist ) flew in for a few shows on the 40th anniversary tour. And just for one song each niight. I had him hold his violin to my ear and he played about 10 seconds for me just before he went up. Such a treat to remember. Oh, now I'm going off, memories, memories.

Now now... he's trying. And I think succeeding!:D

It's coming along. What's helping is that I love Fates Warning and I am hearing a very obvious nod to Rush. I was already aware that FW used Terry Brown to produce a couple LPs, but never paid attention to the sonics. Geddy's voice is still the big block.....I am getting used to it, but it is taking a while.

Also, thanks for getting me watching that guys videos... I've now watched him on Bohemian Rhapsody, Master of Puppets and SRV, and Rooster. They are all as funny as this one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back