Drop in replacement tuners for SE Hollowbody Piezo?

JackB1

Can anyone tell me what tuners are a drop in replacement for the ones that came stock with the Hollowbody II Piezo? And for anyone that replaced the stock ones, was it an improvement in tuning stability? Thanks

I put of set of PRS SE Locking Tuners in my SE Hollowbody Standard. I did it for the convenience of easy restringing; didn't notice any change in tuning stability. I would imagine that tuning issues with any PRS are far more likely a nut issue than a tuning machines one...

Can anyone tell me what tuners are a drop in replacement for the ones that came stock with the Hollowbody II Piezo? And for anyone that replaced the stock ones, was it an improvement in tuning stability? Thanks
The SE locking tuners are drop in replacement.

I put of set of PRS SE Locking Tuners in my SE Hollowbody Standard. I did it for the convenience of easy restringing; didn't notice any change in tuning stability. I would imagine that tuning issues with any PRS are far more likely a nut issue than a tuning machines one...

^^^

99% of the time, any tuning issues with a stoptail PRS (especially the SE's) is due to the nut, the locking tuners would be more of a convenience factor on a stoptail SE. Used to be most SE's had the nut slots cut for 9's, not sure if that's still the case, but if you've gone up to 10's I would check it out.

Back