Driftwood Beige S2 Color? Desert Metallic ?

DrunkenGarbageCan

Recently got a preloved 2017 Standard S2. The pictures on the internet made it look gold. Once I got it, it looked more copper, almost rosegold depending on the light.

Some more google searches and I now think it is Desert Metallic. However, when I pop the pickguard, there is a tag that says Driftwood Beige.

Emailed PRS Cust Serv w the serial number and they have has it listed as a "Custom Color"

Is there an an actual Driftwood Beige or does PRS factory use an internal color name and changes it to a different name when marketing the guitar?

Will try to post some pics later

Tia

I think the forum requires 3 posts from you before the software allows you to show pics. So, two more and you should be GTG. I'm sure there are a lot of people here waiting to see those pics and someone will probably be able to shed some light for you

PRS are very fond of naming colours. I think they even an intern for that.

That said, colours are wonky. They sometimes fade funny (I have two green guitars that started out life as blue); they sometimes change because different batches; just all sorts of reasons.

The important thing is that you like the colour of the guitar you bought. Enjoy it. You won. Be happy.

Or don't.

Last edited:
I am too stupid to figure out how to post a pic, but here is a link showing the inside cavity tags

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/MmsAAOSwMv9hSjiq/s-l1600.jpg

I actually bought the guitar thinking it was gold. It looked gold(ish) in the online pics. However, as I have learned, this one likes to change colors a little depending on the light.

I like the color (not love yet) but don't hate it. Time will tell....

Last edited:
That’s a bitching color no matter what they call it. I have a moss green S2 Custom 24 guitar from 2017. It was the only one I had ever seen. The next year, they did a few more. Enjoy your guitar and it’s uniqueness.

Inline
s-l1600.jpg

Back