DreamTheaterRules takes a road trip….

Oh, I had a blast alright. The problem was, talking to such a great guy while in constant sensory overload. The stories are as great as the guitars. The company was even better!

He’d hand me something I’d never seen before, I’d check it out, play for a few seconds and he’d have another one out. No guitar store could even come remotely close. Just one incredible guitar after the other. I was so starstruck I barely even played anything. Just checkout them out, noodled for a few seconds and on to the next one. WOW.

I don't want to sound like a wimp, but it's like a lifetime car guy going into the Ferrari museum, and the guy walking you through is just showing you one after the other of the greatest cars ever, and you would be more than happy to spend all day looking at and driving the first one, but before you even get the seat adjusted he's showing you another one... I mean, I had one after another, after another, after another, of the greatest guitars ever made in my hands, and barely played any of them. I didn't even stretch my hand out and loosen up. I could spend DAYS at the office or the house just checking stuff out! I'm still a bit overwhelmed that Steve was kind enough to take the time and to open his home to me. TO paraphrase the philosophers Wayne and Garth... ''I'm not worthy!"

Last edited by a moderator:
Back