DreamTheaterRules takes a road trip….

I could not even begin to contemplate what that experience would be like. I'm stupefied just looking at the pics and dealing with my somewhat limited imagination! I'd probably crawl through two miles of broken glass on my hands & knees to experience that. But like was alluded to already, "Alice" would literally beat me with his crop I'm so low on the totem pole in that realm. The Dragons, are beyond gorgeous, and that double-neck is insane!
I almost feel like a 16 year old getting into the back seat for the first time...:eek:

I could not even begin to contemplate what that experience would be like. I'm stupefied just looking at the pics and dealing with my somewhat limited imagination! I'd probably crawl through two miles of broken glass on my hands & knees to experience that. But like was alluded to already, "Alice" would literally beat me with his crop I'm so low on the totem pole in that realm. The Dragons, are beyond gorgeous, and that double-neck is insane!
I almost feel like a 16 year old getting into the back seat for the first time...:eek:
And imagine that the pics aren’t the tip of the iceberg. I told someone here yesterday, that Steve probably expected me to be funnier in person. LOL. But my jaw was on the floor about half the time I was there.

Okay, that's it... I'm leaving the I.T. field and becoming a lawyer.
Now all I've got to do if figure out where to get one of those law degree thingies and then I'll REALLY start building my PRS guitar collection!
I have one of those law degree thingies. Turns out, it's a gyp! The degree does nothing for ya.

You actually have to...dare I say it...work! :eek: Work??

Totally sucks, right? That's why I got into the music biz. No work necessary. You play. People just hand you money for no reason at all!

I have one of those law degree thingies. Turns out, it's a gyp! The degree does nothing for ya.

You actually have to...dare I say it...work! :eek: Work??

Totally sucks, right? That's why I got into the music biz. No work necessary. You play. People just hand you money for no reason at all!

I just performed a few elaborate calculations which included my current age, time it would take to achieve a degree and get past the hump of noobie lawyer money in order to at least match what I make now in the IT field. Doesn't look like I'll get the return on investment in a timely manner. Time is important as I already qualify for a "Senior Coffee" at McDonnald's and I am single digit years away from that "mandatory retirement" age people talk about.

So, new strategy. Move up the ladder a few steps to make more money NOW and then just take a bunch of law classes from Regent.edu where my wife got both of her master's degrees, and then use the knowledge to either moonlight as a lobbyist or a state legislator.

THEN buy more PRS guitars. :)

I just performed a few elaborate calculations which included my current age, time it would take to achieve a degree and get past the hump of noobie lawyer money in order to at least match what I make now in the IT field. Doesn't look like I'll get the return on investment in a timely manner. Time is important as I already qualify for a "Senior Coffee" at McDonnald's and I am single digit years away from that "mandatory retirement" age people talk about.

So, new strategy. Move up the ladder a few steps to make more money NOW and then just take a bunch of law classes from Regent.edu where my wife got both of her master's degrees, and then use the knowledge to either moonlight as a lobbyist or a state legislator.

THEN buy more PRS guitars. :)
Now you're talkin'!

I'm gonna just wait for the lottery numbers for me to play in that arena. Given my age and luck I'll be luvin my 2 lowly SE's from now til the proverbial dirt nap.
I didn't really need the drooling lesson for another 20 years or so though...and when that time comes I doubt I'll really care who wipes my chin anyway. Bwahahahahaha!

Naked college girls... huh...

Years ago, in one of the Playboy college girls pictorials, they had a girl from Pitt on. "Monique" something or other. The local rock station had her and her boyfriend on to talk about it. The memorable moment was this:

DJ: So, how did you feel about seeing her in the magazine?

Boyfriend: Who, Connie? <smack!> I mean, Monique?

Moral Of The Story: If your girlfriend does something under a fake name and you're on the radio to talk about it, remember the fake name.

Sorry I missed out on the party
So am I! But I’ve already seen pictures of your basement and I’m only human. It was already like spending the day with Charlies Angels. If we’d thrown your place in on the tour, it would have been like throwing Julie Bowen and Sofia Vergara in on top of that. I can only handle so much.

I don't want to sound like a wimp, but it's like a lifetime car guy going into the Ferrari museum, and the guy walking you through is just showing you one after the other of the greatest cars ever, and you would be more than happy to spend all day looking at and driving the first one, but before you even get the seat adjusted he's showing you another one... I mean, I had one after another, after another, after another, of the greatest guitars ever made in my hands, and barely played any of them. I didn't even stretch my hand out and loosen up. I could spend DAYS at the office or the house just checking stuff out! I'm still a bit overwhelmed that Steve was kind enough to take the time and to open his home to me. TO paraphrase the philosophers Wayne and Garth... ''I'm not worthy!"
I have no idea what you’re talking about. :rolleyes:;)

And there’s a couple amps, too.

Ok, technically we did turn on an amp. But not the TUBE amps. Those are the ones he probably saves for the real guitar players. There was a wall of them though!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back