Dragon II love affair flame reignites!

Korina Jack

I know, it's all very subjective...I've had a lot of pickups but I've come to really appreciate the forgotten tone and versatility of the Dragon II pickups. It's really refreshing, warm, creamy tone of old school Rock-n-Roll! \m/

I'm with ya'...some of my favorite pickups. I love the sound of the neck pickup clean, both split and full humbucker. For major overdriven tones, the bridge cuts through really well.

They're perfect for 22 fret guitars, in my opinion.

I had a cu22 that I bought new. it had dragon 2s and I thought they were great pickups. I've heard some describe them as muddy but I never had that at all. Rider1260 has that guitar now, maybe he will chime in?

And a sweet guitar it is like others have said the Neck pickup is one of the best for me. ( gush this had to be a tough one to let go hoping the 305 is all you hoped )
To be honest a CU22 is pretty forgiving pickup wise sounds good with almost anything !!!! and the hole CU platform ( 22 and 24 ) is just so comfortable to play.

I had a cu22 that I bought new. it had dragon 2s and I thought they were great pickups. I've heard some describe them as muddy but I never had that at all. Rider1260 has that guitar now, maybe he will chime in?

I dropped a pair in an SE Singlecut and loved that guitar. Great tones! I really don't understand the bad mouthing of these pickups!

Full and rich neck pickup, whether clean or distorted. Bridge with gain was great as well.

In many ways I am sad to see that guitar off of my wall and into someone else's hands.....but funds had to be raised for an incoming NGD!

The DII bridge pickup can get a little "squishy" when distorted (IMO) but, as others said the neck pickup is fantastic clean. Have them in an SE and surprised myself how much I record with that guitar.

Back