Dragon 1's

Audiowonderland

I put my set into my2001 STD 22. I dig them but that guitar sounds amazing with about any pickups. That said, I have the ceramic/high output thing covered with the std 24. Thinking about a Duncan 59/PG set or maybe a Seth set. The split coil sound on PAFish pickups is not all that to my ears. I was thinking of using the push/pull to flip the neck pickup to parallel. What are you using in your 22's?

I put my set into my2001 STD 22. I dig them but that guitar sounds amazing with about any pickups. That said, I have the ceramic/high output thing covered with the std 24. Thinking about a Duncan 59/PG set or maybe a Seth set. The split coil sound on PAFish pickups is not all that to my ears. I was thinking of using the push/pull to flip the neck pickup to parallel. What are you using in your 22's?

I have a CE22 Standard with Dragon 1's. Perfect there. I would not change them. If I had a maple cap I could see putting the 59's in. I am a SD fan. But the Dragon 1's go so well with the all hog Standard. I love them.

The Std24 has HFS/VB

The VB/HFS combo is not the same as Dragon Is to my ears (different wire, different DC resistance, etc). I would be more apt to swap out the VB/HFS set for something else but that's me. Do you prefer the VB/HFS tone for "the ceramic/high output thing"; are you unhappy with the Dragon Is?

The VB/HFS combo is not the same as Dragon Is to my ears (different wire, different DC resistance, etc). I would be more apt to swap out the VB/HFS set for something else but that's me. Do you prefer the VB/HFS tone for "the ceramic/high output thing"; are you unhappy with the Dragon Is?

The HFS/VB combo is different, but both fall into the Ceramic / High output category. The split positions with the HFS/VB on the 5way are also excellent for clean sounds. I don't really want to change a thing on that guitar. I have a Cu22 with a Seymour Duncan CC/AP2 set which makes 3 instruments with high output pickups. Admittedly, they are 3 different sounding high output pickups.

Looking to diversify a bit sonically

Back