Double Humbucker 5-Way switch?

AlexBohlin

Hey there, everyone!

I have a question regarding the title. Is there a model with double split-coil humbuckers and a 5-way rotary switch? Cause I really like the sound of humbuckers, but I would love to be able to split the neck pickup and get that lovely 4th position tone!

I haven't done my research properly because I couldn't find much, but the all-knowing PRS forum is always a safe option when it comes to finding the right answers.

Thank you all!

Alex

Last edited:
Plenty of 2 HB 5-way PRS guitars out there, but none with a stock position 5 split to my knowledge. You can add a split using a switch or switched pot, or rewire your 5-way to do what you want.

Plenty of 2 HB 5-way PRS guitars out there, but none with a stock position 5 split to my knowledge. You can add a split using a switch or switched pot, or rewire your 5-way to do what you want.
I'll totally look into that! Thank you, Doc.

Oh, crap! My bad, I just discovered that I said I want the 5th position. I meant the 4th position, so neck & middle. I dunno if that makes much of a difference, but that's what I meant!

Oh, crap! My bad, I just discovered that I said I want the 5th position. I meant the 4th position, so neck & middle. I dunno if that makes much of a difference, but that's what I meant!

PRS give you the closest you're going to get with a double humbucker guitar: inner coils in parallel. It's position 4 on the blade switch of a Custom. On the old rotary guitars, it's the second position back from the neck pickup (usually number 7 on the knob).

Back