Don't shoot me for asking this lol

sleary

I was wondering what a pick guard would look like on ,either a prs custom 24 or an se 24. Thinking about putting one on because I'm abit of a scraper lol

I was wondering what a pick guard would look like on ,either a prs custom 24 or an se 24. Thinking about putting one on because I'm abit of a scraper lol

Looks aside I dont think it would work on a Custom 24 because of the deep contours on that body would make it VERY hard to custom carve one. Not to mention I think drilling holes in the top for a pickguard would hurt a PRS more than some clearcoat wear from a pick. If you are a big scrapper I would suggest going to a sign shop and having them cut out some clear vinyl to adhere to the section you tend to hit. It should have any reaction with the V12.

Or just scrape the crap out of it and relic it :)

Your very right. Think I'll just give it the mojo look lol

I would never do it... But, hey, it's your guitar and you should do what you want with it...

The contours do present a major problem, either the guard would have to stop at the carve or you would have to have a floating guard like on a LP.

I photoshopped a CU24 to give you the idea what a contoured guard might look like...

CU24.jpg

CU24-p.jpg

If you are in love with the idea, you should talk with Shawn and the PTC group about it.

A floating one would be the way to go. My idea is a clear pickguatd so the wood isn't covered up. I known Bobby Lee makes screw less ones for lp's

What is Ptc?

Nvm just had to look at the top of the prs page lol. Sent them am email

Greenberg is a fantastic player. I'll never forget his show at PRS Experience with Ashley Cleveland (his wife) and Mr. Grissom.

He's one of my favorites...and Ashley Cleveland, oh my. I've been a fan of hers since her CD big town came out in 91. Exp 08 was the first time I'd gotten to see her live. Made it to third and Lindsley in Nashville to catch them a cople of times since then.

What about using One of the static cling type clear guards?
I've seen them for acoustics.... don't know how well it would work but it might be worth a try?

Or even some of that clear impact tape they sell for cars to prevent rock chips...

I certainly appreciate that our PRSi are beautiful, but imo played guitars are appropriately and inevitably scratched, worn and dinged. See, e.g., pretty much every pro's guitar, ever. :D

Still, that first ding always tears a piece of my heart. After that I'm fine. I scratch the neck pickup and ring on my CU24--it's just how I play.

First ding is always the worst. Mojo I guess. Maybe I should listen to myself and just go with it lol

Back