Don't like the Reverb on my PRS 30 Combo!

el chuco

I love the amp, but, the reverb just seems to get lost, especially, as you turn the volume up. Has anyone changed out the reverb tank on your PRS amp or use a reverb pedal instead? This would be my only recommendation and that is to put a better reverb tank on an otherwise fabulous amp.

I own one. the reverb is ok. It is not like a twin or deluxe. It's ok. kind of dark

I guess what I'm saying is that for the money it costs to buy a PRS "30" combo, they should have put a better reverb unit in it! Everything else is great and it's built like a tank!

I guess what I'm saying is that for the money it costs to buy a PRS "30" combo, they should have put a better reverb unit in it! Everything else is great and it's built like a tank!

Reverb's one of those things that everyone has a different take on. Guitar World's review said the reverb is "phenomenal." They made positive mention of it in Premier Guitar, too.

Different strokes, of course! ;) Reverb's not just about the tank, it's about the reverb circuit, how it works with the amp, how the controls work for it, etc. Everyone's got different taste and ideas on this stuff.

I usually don't use reverb even on amps that have it, though I liked the reverb on my Two-Rocks, I rarely used it.

Last edited:
Reverb's one of those things that everyone has a different take on. Guitar World's review said the reverb is "phenomenal." They made positive mention of it in Premier Guitar, too.

Different strokes, of course! ;) Reverb's not just about the tank, it's about the reverb circuit, how it works with the amp, how the controls work for it, etc. Everyone's got different taste and ideas on this stuff.

I usually don't use reverb even on amps that have it, though I liked the reverb on my Two-Rocks, I rarely used it.

It also has to do with where it is located in the chain. The 30 doesn't have an effects loop so you can't swap out the the built in reverb for another one, unless you put it in front of the amp, which most would not recommend.

If the 30 is perfect for you in all other regards ... you might want to consider sending it back to Doug and have a loop put in so you can use other reverbs with it. With my Mark V I just turn off the built-in reverb and use a reverb (and delay) in the loop.

I understand what you mean and definitely everybody hears with their own ears, but, the reverd on the "30" just gets buried and lost if you turn the amp's volume up. Even if you dime the reverb, it still gets lost at high volumes. It is okay when I practice at home, but, it is practically useless at gigs where you have to crank your amp up... IMHO

It also has to do with where it is located in the chain. The 30 doesn't have an effects loop so you can't swap out the the built in reverb for another one, unless you put it in front of the amp, which most would not recommend.

If the 30 is perfect for you in all other regards ... you might want to consider sending it back to Doug and have a loop put in so you can use other reverbs with it. With my Mark V I just turn off the built-in reverb and use a reverb (and delay) in the loop.

I have put a Mr. Springgy pedal in front of the "30" and have gotten better reverb results. But I like your recommendation of sending it back to Doug to have a loop put in it. Thanks.

Back