Done.

Serious Poo

Shoegazing Member
This morning I had to complete 2 different captchas, that's just too much nonsense for me to deal with. If anyone wants to reach me I'll be active on The Gear Page.

51840523773_358c05e3f2_c.jpg

51840523773_358c05e3f2_c.jpg

I should probably post this in the thread I created but....

For the first time ever, I got captcha'd at home last week. Thursday night it happened twice, but was so weird... it popped up on my screen, and after 5-10 seconds went away without me even doing a refresh.

Friday night it popped up again, and this time I had to do the bus shuffle to get through it.

Both times, on my home laptop which has never had it happen before. After I completed a task I was working on both nights, and switched over to my ipad, I never got one and still never have on an ipad or iphone. But now we actually do have people leaving over this. If this doesn't get fixed soon, I'm going to have to resort to more drastic measures. I hate to do this to you guys and you certainly don't deserve it, but the next time I get it, I'm replacing every past and future Julie Bowen pic with a Rosie O'Donnell pic until this is fixed.

Rosie ballin'

a_league_of_their_own_rosie_odonnell_750x422_.png

I've been asked to do a captcha to log in maybe twice, however, refreshing the page made it go away. So I never bothered with it.

The fact that it's so inconsistent makes me wonder whether in fact it's a deliberate part of the Forum, or it's something to do with the hosting company's software.

One big improvement would be to allow folks to post pics without having to deal with a third party site. There are plenty of platforms that allow it, including the one I use for my own forum.

Always sorry to see a member of any site leave. But I do get the frustration for some things we get forced to endure in the quest for spending time with like minded folks. I'll go for a while with none of the bus, boat, plane, train things, and then I'll get bombarded with them. So it takes a minute to login, meh. The ones that do get my goat is the logout captchas. WTH is that about?

I've been asked to do a captcha to log in maybe twice, however, refreshing the page made it go away. So I never bothered with it.

The fact that it's so inconsistent makes me wonder whether in fact it's a deliberate part of the Forum, or it's something to do with the hosting company's software.

One big improvement would be to allow folks to post pics without having to deal with a third party site. There are plenty of platforms that allow it, including the one I use for my own forum.

Captcha goes in spurts for me. Sometimes it fixes itself and doesn't make me select a thing. The refresh works for me 99.9% of the time too.

The image hosting, I've never understood why it's an issue for so many new people. It's really simple and easy to do. Personally, I like having control and ownership of my images too. Although, given a choice no more captcha or no more threads about how to post images I'd keep captcha! :eek::D

The image he posted says he should do a virus scan. The hosting server is trying to protect itself. Delete all cookies, do a virus scan and give it another go.

Back