• No!

Votes: 6 75.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacques McCorbin

ajwneranjvke
Hey!

This thread is open for anyone who may be interested in helping me acquire my first PRS guitar! If there is anyone else out there like me who can't afford a PRS guitar, share your story and maybe you too can find a kind soul willing to help!

Message me if you are interested in helping or have questions or just want to show support in my journey!

Best of luck! Lets Spread PRS to every enthusiast that is deserving!

My friends dad had a prs when I was learning to play....once I started to know a thing or three. After playing the racks locally for years I realized that what I ultimately wanted was a prs. This was around 99 or 2000 once I realized.

So, making around $7 usd/hr I just started saving every penny I could. ALWAYS brought my lunches from home. NEVER bought any unnecessary crap while out and about, whether during work hours or chilling with friends. Not even a 25 cent little debbie snack or a beverage...NOTHING. Within about 3 years I had a decent marshall amp and a brand new custom 24. I had to take a 6 hour round trip just to try any. Now they're only 20 minutes away.

Was it difficult? Not very.

Was it worth the "sacrifice" and wait? TOTALLY!

I still earn crap wages to this day. But if someone living even slightly above poverty really wants it, they have no children, and they're smart with funds....even if it takes 5 years, they can own a core model. Luckily for me and the rest of the world I have no offspring. Lol. Even with children I think most people could at least get a used one if following my example. IDK but IMO...but you know what they say about opinions....

Back to your regularly scheduled programming.

This is the only way that I can help.

Best of luck! : )

popcorn_jon_stewart.gif

Thought you were going to suggest making donations for those put out of work by the coronavirus pandemic. I'd think "donating" to someone looking for a handout for a new guitar would be pretty low on most people's lists right now. Seriously dude... this is one of the most generous, friendly group of people on the internet, and I'm pretty sure most would take this post in bad taste.

Last edited:
Hi Jaques,
The thread is public but you ask for private messages by way of response. Its a little odd.

I'd rather stay public.
How can I help?

There are 2 of these threads running in parallel.
Would it be possible to combine them so I don't have to type everything twice?

Sure, I'm willing to help. In fact, I'll give you what is probably the most valuable help anyone could possibly give you on this subject. This isn't humor, and it isn't sarcasm. I'm serious, and I'm 100% interested in your wellbeing:
1. If your request was meant to be funny, it wasn't. It put us in a "catch 22" of being willing to help where needed, but if your request was truly sought , it would not be a need, it would be a selfish want.
2. If your request was serious, you need the following information:
A. Nothing is ever free. In order to accept your "free" PRS you will have to sacrifice your dignity and self worth, knowing you did not earn it. Is your self respect so low that you will give it away at the measly price of a guitar?
B. If we bought you a PRS and gave it to you "free", you would value it about as much as a pig values a pearl. If you work and scrape and save for that PRS, it will take on the worth that a fine instrument should have for the one buying it.
C. If you simply cannot grasp the truth of A and B, you have been indoctrinated sufficiently in our modern Social Justice system to be fooled into giving up just about every Liberty your forbearers fought and died to leave you. That is not a reflection on you, that is a condemnation of the state of our world and it's infirmities.
3. Wake up. Stand up. Be a valuable contributor instead of a taker. Save for that PRS and join us in appreciation of it once you have earned it.

Your welcome.

Sure, I'm willing to help. In fact, I'll give you what is probably the most valuable help anyone could possibly give you on this subject. This isn't humor, and it isn't sarcasm. I'm serious, and I'm 100% interested in your wellbeing:
1. If your request was meant to be funny, it wasn't. It put us in a "catch 22" of being willing to help where needed, but if your request was truly sought , it would not be a need, it would be a selfish want.
A. Nothing is ever free. In order to accept your "free" PRS you will have to sacrifice your dignity and self worth, knowing you did not earn it. Is your self respect so low that you will give it away at the measly price of a guitar?
B. If we bought you a PRS and gave it to you "free", you would value it about as much as a pig values a pearl. If you work and scrape and save for that PRS, it will take on the worth that a fine instrument should have for the one buying it.
C. If you simply cannot grasp the truth of A and B, you have been indoctrinated sufficiently in our modern Social Justice system to be fooled into giving up just about every Liberty your forbearers fought and died to leave you. That is not a reflection on you, that is a condemnation of the state of our world and it's infirmities.
3. Wake up. Stand up. Be a valuable contributor instead of a taker. Save for that PRS and join us in appreciation of it once you have earned it.

Your welcome.
My cursory googling shows he’s probably a minor high school student, so we should keep that in mind and just let this all slide.

Your welcome.
AP515 for President.:cool:

My cursory googling shows he’s probably a minor high school student, so we should keep that in mind and just let this all slide.
All the more reason to teach him why earning that PRS is so much more valuable than it being given him. The worst thing rich people can do to their children is give them things instead of seeing that they learn to earn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back