Dolphin Inlays

So this kind of says we didn't do this on production models, so this is not original. If it was a private stock, don't they have their own serial numbers, and not ones that start with year and then number.
The guitar you showed is not Private Stock.
Private stock still have regular serial numbers. In addition, they have a private stock number on the back of the headstock, between the tuning keys.

Hi everyone. I came across a 1998 Archtop Hollowbody II at my friends shop yesterday that has Dolphin inlays instead of the birds or dots. Was this offered back in the day or should I go ahead and get the guitar as this is quite a rare one?
Hi Mikeski! I am the owner of Replay Guitar Exchange in Tampa and a staff members brought your post to my attention. This guitar was purchased from one of our regular customers who is also a big PRS fan. The dolphins are inlays (not decals) and, yes, they are aftermarket. They were done by a professional luthier and I think they came out rather well. I apologize for not having a better description on our site and we are working to add more details now. Thanks and we hope to see you again soon!

Kyle - Thanks for clarifying. Your store is a great place and I recommend it to anyone who is in the central Florida area. You have a great inventory of guitars and amps. Plus you get some rare and unique guitars, just like this one. Personally I have my eye on the other PRS McCarty hollow body II with the piezo pickups that you have. As soon as I get through Christmas I'll make my way over there. Thanks again.

Hi Mikeski! I am the owner of Replay Guitar Exchange in Tampa and a staff members brought your post to my attention. This guitar was purchased from one of our regular customers who is also a big PRS fan. The dolphins are inlays (not decals) and, yes, they are aftermarket. They were done by a professional luthier and I think they came out rather well. I apologize for not having a better description on our site and we are working to add more details now. Thanks and we hope to see you again soon!

Looks like a great shop. Legends was my go-to back when I lived in Tampa. I wish you and Kent much success!

Back