Doing trades that don’t involve store fronts.

Sybo

Jim
Good morning all. I have a line on a beautiful 408 that I found on the verb. Individual seller, anybody have any suggestions on how to make this happen. Previously I have dealt with storefronts and sent the guitar to them for eval before the deal. Anybody ever heard of taking guitar to a music store to have shipped from there? Thanks all.

Maybe only if the Reverb seller is offering returns--but you'd have to buy it, specify shipping to your store/technician of choice for evaluation, and then proceed from there with a return if you're not satisfied. Be sure to talk with your store/technician so that they know it'll be coming, etc.; and of course there's a fee to them for the evaluation either way.

Good morning all. I have a line on a beautiful 408 that I found on the verb. Individual seller, anybody have any suggestions on how to make this happen. Previously I have dealt with storefronts and sent the guitar to them for eval before the deal. Anybody ever heard of taking guitar to a music store to have shipped from there? Thanks all.

Maybe only if the Reverb seller is offering returns--but you'd have to buy it, specify shipping to your store/technician of choice for evaluation, and then proceed from there with a return if you're not satisfied. Be sure to talk with your store/technician so that they know it'll be coming, etc.; and of course there's a fee to them for the evaluation either way.
What @Going Modal said...also confirm with the seller your intentions...be upfront with him and honest, he may balk at first, but appreciate your honesty if he's a reputable seller...check your returns policy with Reverb.

Have not heard of performing an eval and shipping from a storefront, except UPS Store. Any eval might be accomplished by a qualified tech and packaging and shipping performed by UPS, then shipment. Only GC would offer evals and shipment if the sales product was theirs.

Don't have enough info to judge based on your local music store; you'd need to verify with the music store if that were possible...

Last edited:
Working on a deal with an individual in Florida for something REALLY cool to me! I don’t want to spoil anything yet, but BIG RED SPARKLES,no whammy, Core!!!!, I know, I’m a tease………. Tomorrow :cool:

Working on a deal with an individual in Florida for something REALLY cool to me! I don’t want to spoil anything yet, but BIG RED SPARKLES,no whammy, Core!!!!, I know, I’m a tease………. Tomorrow :cool:

Whoa...Many years ago, I had acquired a red sparkle Cu22 (Or standard, the entire thing was painted...) stop-tail that was one of the few that made it out of the factory with some paint runs...I heard they used to sell "Scratch and Dent" stuff...not sure how it made it to the public, but there were a couple slight paint runs on the back....Be interested to hear how old the one is your looking at???? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Played killer...great neck...one of many I regret trading.
ENJOY!!!!

Well y’all, not being able to not do a lot after surgery on the shoulder:mad: you’re afforded me a lot more time to get on the Internet and look at more guitars. Imagine that. I came across this wonderful guitar and started a personal message with the individual down in Florida. This is a first for me, considering a trade/deal with an individual without some first-hand experience with the instrument. This is soooo not like me. And for all of you guys wondering this was way after the meds lol!!!!!

A conversation was started with the individual who is a quite well known realtor in South Florida. With good reviews and references. I had another non-PRS guitar that I just didn’t play, and I am really into solid colors, retro, and we ALL have our own thing. This Starla is one of those. HOLY Mama-of rock!!!!!!!! And GORGEOUS ! She is almost perfect, definitely been played, with some fret wear but, it’s MINE!

During our conversation about guitars and many other subjects, I shared with him that my wife and I are considering a relocation to somewhere near the beach in Florida in a year or two. Connection.. ! Robert came through just like his revues and reference. I will love this guitar for a long time! By the way the deal was very fair :cool::cool::cool::cool:
1 of 10 made..
I can definitely see my GAS pattern now……

Last edited:
That is pretty. Congrats!

I became a sucker for sparkle finishes when I got my Knaggs Steve Stevens.

Back