Does this PRS worth $2500?

LoveNazgul

This is the PRS that I wanted but I'm thinking if it actually worth that much. Can anyone tell me if $2500 is worthy for that guitar?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181909444028?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Here is a hard to find 2006 PRS Custom 22 Artist Package with a rare burl top. This was part of a limited run of guitars PRS put out in early 2006. It is estimated there were roughly 15-20 of these burled maple top guitars made. The guitar is in excellent condition, but may show some normal signs of use. Includes original hardshell case. I am the original owner and it comes from a smoke free home.

Specs:
Custom 22 Artist Package
Color: Whale Blue
Neck: Wide Fat
Pickups: Dragon IIs

5ee5243a.jpg
burl11_zpsaqwzc6ro.jpg

I dunno if it's worth the asking price, but that burl top is to die for.

I think it's in the pall park too. I have a 2006 Cu24 Artist Package and I would not sell it for that amount though I think that is about what I'd have to sell it for if I had to sell. That is also NOT Whale Blue. It is Royal Blue, and the top it fantastic.

Gorgeous guitar! How about if I spend your money for you, and tell you just get it!

The prices for PRS instruments and Guitars in general have fluctuated pretty widely over the last decade. I paid 1800 bucks for my brand new 04 McCarty standard, but that was almost 13 yrs ago. I thought that was a good deal for a great guitar. I doubt seriously even in pristine shape, I could recoup what I paid. For the features, color, and appointments on that guitar, 2500 might be a great price.

very nice indeed. The seller has best offer on it to. Make them an offer and see what you can get it for less than what the buy now price is.

I think it's in the pall park too. I have a 2006 Cu24 Artist Package and I would not sell it for that amount though I think that is about what I'd have to sell it for if I had to sell. That is also NOT Whale Blue. It is Royal Blue, and the top it fantastic.

I thought Royal blue only came with a wrap around, and Whale Blue had the natural binding

Same here. A specimen like that, someone would probably pay that for it. That top is pretty badass.

I thought Royal blue only came with a wrap around, and Whale Blue had the natural binding

You may be right. I looked at the photos on E-Bay and they look more Whale "ish". These however, look really dark for Whale Blue. Either way it's a beauty.

I think it's worth that. As always, the market dictates what it's worth. Artist package WITH burl. I'd pay that. No harm in throwing an offer out there though. Who knows!? That's 100% whale blue. The pic in this thread is out in direct sunlight which is when whale looks that light. The other ebay pics are more accurate of how it looks most of the time. If in a darker room, it'll look even darker. That's how mine is anyway.

edit: Also, it has a black back(as whale does), royal is trans blue back.

Last edited:
PRS didn't make very many of those Burl tops, though the exact numbers escapes me. If I were selling, I'd ask $3000 and try to get $2500 for it. If I were in the market, I'd try to get it for $2000. Personally, I think that top is spectacular.

Spectacular top! And I'd buy it, but it'll be gone before my finances improve to that point.

If it only were not blue...

For you, Serge...

Back