Does This Guitar Exist?

butterfly

Love Boat Captain
Outside of PS?

I think i recall seeing some dealer spec PS or runs a while back, and was hoping if the collective memory of the Forum might recall.

Single cut
Short scale, preferably 24.5
Mahogany & Maple

Here's the tough combo:

Santana head stock
Locking tuners

Throw in a pattern or similar neck, and a vintage McCarty Burst or similar finish over a flame top, no quilt or exotic colors and I'm in PRS heaven!!

Bfly

I think I've seen one...

EAB2AC9F-A9AE-40CF-9D89-8A3BD352B47D_zpsfaclubob.jpg

32512DD0-C628-41E8-BC27-8FD7A3D91960_zpsktjjszap.jpg

As Sergio said...just the tuners to change, easy, there are a few drop in replacement options.

You should be looking for MaPetes case offs ( There are lots of them ) :) 24.5" scale Santana headstock was his thing

I think I've seen one...

EAB2AC9F-A9AE-40CF-9D89-8A3BD352B47D_zpsfaclubob.jpg

32512DD0-C628-41E8-BC27-8FD7A3D91960_zpsktjjszap.jpg

As Sergio said...just the tuners to change, easy, there are a few drop in replacement options.

Yep, this. SC Ted McCarty. Everything you're looking for except the tuners. I ended up with a set of Kluson Vintage locking tuners on mine. I had a set of Phase III's to put on it, but I couldn't get the old collars out. I even tried the old clamp and two sockets trick. I was afraid I was going to snap the head stock with as much pressure I was putting on it. Bailed out of fear and ordered the Klusons. They're ok.

20160714_120051_zpsbxhmiozz.jpg

20160324_113525_zpsljtvwdfi.jpg

Guys-

I didn't think the PRS vintage tuners could be replaced?

The headstock is thinner and won't take locking tuners?

Or is that Klusons will fit?--Tosca- you mention the Kluson's "are ok"....does that mean you are not happy with the fit, look or performance?

Thanks for the replies!

I've gotten close--My stripped 58 has locking tuners but no Santana headstock.

My Ted has the headstock, but vintage tuners....:)

Hey there, Butterfly!

Sadly, not exactly that outside of PS, the Ted's fit the bill except the locking tuners, but several sets of tuners are drop in replacements. I tried a few, didn't like any of them as much as Phase III's. When I started doing Private Stock Ted's in exactly that spec, I was ecstatic! (Well, I also did some exotic quilts and colors too...) :)

The Willcutt's Ted runs all had the vintage tuners, unfortunately. (I begged for Phase III's on the later runs, but for WL Runs, you had to stick with the factory spec.)

I am loving the 594's so much that I am not missing the Santana Headstocks, anymore. I did miss them initially, but one year in here (with the DC), I don't anymore, not even on the Singlecut...

Guys-

I didn't think the PRS vintage tuners could be replaced?

The headstock is thinner and won't take locking tuners?

Or is that Klusons will fit?--Tosca- you mention the Kluson's "are ok"....does that mean you are not happy with the fit, look or performance?

Thanks for the replies!

I've gotten close--My stripped 58 has locking tuners but no Santana headstock.

My Ted has the headstock, but vintage tuners....:)

The locking Klusons are a direct drop. I said they were "ok" because I snapped the first 2 high E strings I put on. Granted, they were 7s, and I'm sure I got carried away tightening something as thin as a hair. There is nothing wrong with them, I'm just a PIII fan.

Thanks guys...what I thought...

I already own one MA Pete guitar :)
If one in my spec hits the market, I'll be very tempted.

Here's one with your spec, but it's Artist Relations built by PS Team, and not on the market (it's my #1). McCarty Singlecut, 24.5 inch scale length, locking tuners, Santana headstock shape, and mammoth ivory birds. They do come up from time to time if you keep your eyes open.

TMSCAR343__75591140442497912801280_zpsdfb1f288.jpg

Another shot showing the headstock and locking tuners; the color in the first photo is the right color, faded McCarty burst, this one was just an iPhone shot:

IMG_1058_zps489f191e.jpg

Last edited:
Les-

Yes!!

I knew I saw one at one point. Excellent guitar.

Dreamy vibe
Great look
Killer PRS

The great Tim Pierce has one like it, and just included it in his "Some Of My Favorite Guitars" video on YouTube. He's featured it in other videos as well.

I'm sure you'd dig it, Butterfy!

Back