Does this CU22 look legitimish?

Furtive

Knight of Bangin'ess
You know - almost legit? Like a pleather 8 Ball jacket back in the day?

Here is an example of blatantly counterfeited PRS :( . Now while I'll buy all kinds of horrific player grade PRS - this is something I am strongly against. Well, there is something to be said about painting a **** gold, at least they got that part right.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/hot-...l-instruments-Wholesale-0810/32439024797.html

Why anyone would buy something like that when used SEs can be found all day in that range is beyond me.

Ruger/Mods - if my posting this is in bad form, my apologies and please delete the thread. I'm hoping this serves to heighten awareness here as to what a fake PRS looks like.

I found this site last week. It was my assumption that these were factory rejects as in- guitars that didn't make the grade because maybe they were made by a new employee and they did not get it right at all? They have nearly 100 guitars that they call PRS. Many have odd cuts. But many actually have nice wood grain and decent looking finish. Still, how the hell can anyone make money selling any guitar for $300 - $400?

That is NOWHERE NEAR a PRS, hahaha! Get a load of those recessed controls :)

No, factory rejects do not make it out of the building. They're sawed right through, I think.

Terrible counterfeit! I think this specializes in "too good to be true"!

I found this site last week. It was my assumption that these were factory rejects as in- guitars that didn't make the grade because maybe they were made by a new employee and they did not get it right at all? They have nearly 100 guitars that they call PRS. Many have odd cuts. But many actually have nice wood grain and decent looking finish. Still, how the hell can anyone make money selling any guitar for $300 - $400?

No idea what WMIC's policy is on letting dogs out of the factory, but if it's anything like PRS - nothing larger than small chunks leave the Maryland factory, and those are gifts. I would imagine that WMIC keeps a tight leash on their SE stuff, and that the employees working in that production line are highly skilled.

Personally, I believe this thing was assembled by gypsy grifters with improper tools, no technical knowledge, no understanding of reverse engineering... it is an 8 speed bike.

Maybe we should buy one between us and see what it's really like, it could be a keeper.
... it is an 8 speed bike.
146074700443009600_resized.png

They don't seem to get the recessing for the knobs and switch either.

Wow, it's awesome that "PRS" was able to put "Brazil wood" into such affordable models! ;)

...if you haven't already, you should email a link to PRS. Depending on who owns that site they may be able to get the counterfeits taken down.

Ali Express is a well known bootlegger of knockoff US guitars made in china. They are not seconds, they are not rejects from the Korean or indonesian factories, they are just bad knockoffs with very cheap crap components. They started off with knocking off Les Pauls for the most part but then wandered into other brands.

Band sawing bad guitars happens at the factory. If you walk into Brians Guitars, there is one at the front door cut in half, proving that it does happen and they take it very seriously from a quality perspective. That is why you pay more. You are getting a great guitar.

The funny thing I think about these guys is that they are either very clever in terms of making the guitars just different enough to say they are copies or totally stupid enough to make the look like blatant fakes of very poor quality. Great example is the "g" logo. The "G" in Gibson should be perpendicular to the tuning pegs. The fakes slant in at an angle. I do know a lot of the tells on fake PRS's but will not post. Only makes them better at it.

Perhaps the worst is the people who buy this **** under the guise of wanting to see what they look like, realizing they are crap and the passing them off to someone who does not know better.

To me it's not a legit PRS, therefore a obvoius counterfeit. One behaviouristic seller's issue is that he does not present the frontside of the headstock with a detail shot.
And - correct me if my suggestion is wrong - PRS let the strings go straigth from the nut to the tuners without angle on x- or y-axis. This in comparision to other brands prevents a guitar from unnecessary tension at the nut and a higher percentage of detuning while you're playing guitar.

Back