Does the SE Clint Lowery have a beveled top?

IRG

I can't seem to find if it's a flat top or some sort of beveled top. Obviously not a carved top. But some pics look like it isn't flat, some do.

Looking for sort of a stealth metal like guitar, and like the feature and price on this one.

main2.jpg

Thanks guys. Been thinking about a S2 as well, but the price is still a little high for me, for this guitar. Not sure the CL is quite what I want, or not. I like it, but not quite convinced yet it's the one.

I'm in the same boat as you. I was looking at the S2's, but too much for my budget right now. Currently looking at a used SE Clint Lowery, just not sure if it's what I want. If you get it, you'll have to let me know how it is :)

I'm in the same boat as you. I was looking at the S2's, but too much for my budget right now. Currently looking at a used SE Clint Lowery, just not sure if it's what I want. If you get it, you'll have to let me know how it is :)

Will do! Still looking at options...

Lowery and the S2's are both sweet. Can't go wrong either way. If you're looking to down tune than the Lowery is where it's at.

I had my Clint Lowrey in standard tuning as well as drop tuning . Sounded amazing in either tuning. Great guitar really and even my daughter liked it. She did brief gigs with it and played mostly punk with it. Great clean and great overdriven

I had my Clint Lowrey in standard tuning as well as drop tuning . Sounded amazing in either tuning. Great guitar really and even my daughter liked it. She did brief gigs with it and played mostly punk with it. Great clean and great overdriven

Good to know, thanks! The drop tuning thing is only part of what I would do. I have a friend who plays a lot of heavier dropped stuff, and recently got the Digitech Drop pedal, says it's really great for this stuff, and his opinion is one of few I trust a lot. He has excellent gear as well. So in some ways, having a guitar set up for different drop tunings might be unnecessary with this little pedal, high on my list now.

So it's good to know the CL is excellent in standard tuning. The CL is in a Fender scale of 25.5", a bit more than most PRS guitars at 25". Does this make the CL similar to the Custom 24 since it has 24 frets, or closer to a Custom 22, since it might have a little more space between the pickups like a 22?

Depends on how much down tuning you wanna go with the drop pedal. I personally didn't care much for it. You can really hear the digital pitch shift especially once you start going a step down and lower.

I have the digitech drop pedal. Don't hear any digital when I go down even in to drop A. Must be where you put it in your chain. I run mine at the beginning of the chain. It's noticeable of it is down the chain

Guitar > drop pedal > Boss Gt 100> orange th 30

I have the digitech drop pedal. Don't hear any digital when I go down even in to drop A. Must be where you put it in your chain. I run mine at the beginning of the chain. It's noticeable of it is down the chain

Guitar > drop pedal > Boss Gt 100> orange th 30

I tried it by itself with nothing else in front of the amp. I guess I just prefer the tonal properties of down tuning with thicker string. I like that big full sound.

Well back on topic, I decided to take the plunge today, and ordered a new SE C. Lowery. Nice deal from Sweetwater. Should get it by the end of the week. I'll likely keep it in the dropped tuning it comes with, at least for now. I wanted a more heavier, metal oriented guitar and this should scratch that itch nicely, without costing an arm and a leg. Although it could lead to something more with PRS in the future...

Back