Does PRS have/or has made a Tele-like guitar?

RocknPop

I've heard the Vela sounds on Youtube... doesn't quite hit the mark from my perspective. Anything else?

The Vela is the closest. Not a Tele IMO, which is ok. I've never gotten along with Tele's. I love a good Strat...go figure.

As stated above, the closest is the Vela.

Looking at your gear list, Larrivee makes a cool tele. Just sayin'.

Interesting, I've always thought of the Vela as the PRS version of an SG, not a tele. But I can see how it could be seen that way.

No, it really doesn't. At least mine doesn't. Sorry to disappoint.

I'm not a Tele guy but my Brent mason sounds a lot like a Tele to me with neck/middle pickup engaged. However I have no authority to make such a claim other than my "non-Tele tuned" ears to hear. I have however played/owned lots of Teles, and own one.

I think my 2020 S2 594 has the tele vibe, the attack of the tone does remind me of a good tele. Of course you will need a pair of single coil sounding humbucker to make it closer.

Theres a little Tele here and there in the PRS lineup - I think the 509/513 has a little of that flavor

but a full on Paul-backed project to better the simple but effective bridge plate/barrel saddle/lap steel derived pickup combination which is to me the key to the 'T' sound would make a good business case I think. Theres plenty of room for improvement especially because this is combo is notoriously inconsistent sound wise amongst even the same T's made in the same line :p

My S2 Studio comes pretty close to a Tele type middle pick tone in the middle pick up switch selector position in single coil mode.

Back