Does PRS do any Current production guitars with P90's Standard?

CrimesAgainstMusic

So, does PRS currently make any SE guitar (considering cost here) with P90 pickups that come standard ?

I am currently "Jonesing" (you guys call it GASSING) for a P90 platform. The only 2 that jump out at me, are a overpriced Fender Player Mustang P90 ($800 for what should be < $600) and good 'ol Harley Benton ... They make a CU 24 clone ... with P90's (and it looks kinda cool)

What does PRS have that is new (not used) that is available ?

OK, As usual ... Late to the partay on this ... But I stumbled across this tidbit of guitar goodness :

Where my Fav PRS in its Core iteration was in fact offered with P90's ... Must have been a victim of low sales volume :(

Then Brian does a shoot out between the 594, offered with the 58/15LT's vs Seymour Duncan P 90's . I'm not sure how there could be a "loser" here.

These are 2 Nuclear guitars ! Check it out ...

BUT ...Now I know what The Paul has to do next ! (Recall Paul, that at AXPONA in Chicago in 2019 I told you you had to make a smaller guitar, with a skinner neck profile ??? ) You said ... "I ain't gotta do nuthin !"' . Then you capitulated , and made me the S2 McCarty 594 Thinline !!! :):):)

So now, it is time (overstressed manufacturing capacities be dammed !) FOR A S2 McCarty 594 THINLINE P 90 !!!!! :cool::cool::cool:

I'll take mine in that cool Vintage Cherry Burst that was a special color for some dealers. BLACK covers on the P90's ...

That will cool out my need for a 2d 594Thinline, my current P90 lust, and sooth the no stripey /flamey top Thinline blues ...:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Then... There was this ! (maybe more affordable, but just as satisfying) ?

And then tis guy :

One of them even appears to have a forearm contour ...

'Cmon Paul ! There is e'nuf noise on this Forum for a P 90 Product (no pun intended ... gotta include a RWRP middle position) ;)

But either S2 or if Maryland can't handle it ... an SE !!! As its clearly been done before (and apparently done well !) :)

Last edited:
Where my Fav PRS in its Core iteration was in fact offered with P90's ... Must have been a victim of low sales volume :(

That was limited edition form the get-go. They said they'd build as many as they got orders for within a window of some months.

This ended my real-deal P90 search. There are happy endings :)

If you want P90 tone, it’s the ticket

hUv2OAB.jpg

I’ve posted this guitar elsewhere but, man, I never get tired of the look.

Not these days. HP90s are a fine substitute in most cases, and will get you the sound you’re after. That way, every guitar can have P90s.

I have owned two CU22 3-P90's Guitars in the past. Here's an example on reverb. There are others listed at all different prices and years. As I preferred the 3-P90 versions for the 5 different switchable tones but, remember the middle P90 is uncomfortable for some players and gets in the way of their picking style.

P90 were a mystery to me until I recently picked up a JJ Nichols Gold Glory single P90. Then a Harley Benton DC single P90 (damn that was inexpensive). The P90 is the sound of heaven!!!!

Recently I'd been wondering the same as OP and lusting after PRS P90 platforms.

It seems they all use Seymour Duncan pickups. Will PRS ever make a in house wound P90??

Anyway a triple P90 594 would be perfect. Les, you have one of those don't you?

Last edited:
I found a nice one for you! Not a triple P90 but looks great! I came across it last night. ;):cool::cool::cool:

Back