Does it annoy or worries you, if you find some small dents/ scratch on your guitar?

I try as hard as I can not to mark them, but this is what happens after 6 years of playing a 9K PS, sometimes 8 hours a day. No regrets at all. Many more to come.

406051770.jpg

Doesn't bug me at all........unless it happens in the first 10 minutes of ownership, as with the &#%!@!!! dent I put on my latest R9 headstock almost immediately after pulling it out of its case for the first time!!!

Stuff happens.... That said, whenever I'm playing I either untuck my shirt, or else move my belt buckle over to the side... I don't bother with my old (1965) Harmony/Silvertone, that has been banged around for 45+ years (and cost $89.95 when new)!

Bothers me with poly finishes (dings can be so sharp on the edges of the body that they can scratch your arms.) Not bothered about dings on nitro models.

The correct height of the strap is down to the individual player, the above image is too high for me.

Best way to adjust a strap is to sit in the classical position (guitar on the opposite knee with the hea stock pointing up to the ceiling), adjust the strap so that it is loose but the guitar cannot get away from you/move too much, holding the guitar in this position simple stand up, ....

That's my starting point. 99.9% of the time, the result on me looks like the guy in the vid prior to your post.

avoiding buckle scratches is easy, don't wear a belt.

^^This.^^

Replying to rugerpc's post of the viddy: Oh gosh no.... I winced when he started on the body. :mad:

Last edited:
My guitars are players so I don't mind. I gig them every month. I do try to keep them in as good a shape as possible, but as I said...

I did the 30 lb weight gain to protect from belt buckle rash. But now, I'm down 8 lbs, with a goal of losing 30 by the next experience.

I figure I'll worry about buckle rash at that point...

Jamie

Back