Does anyone own EBMM Music Man guitars here (and PRSi of course?)

They have probably the best customer service I’ve ever encountered. They’re so quick and responsive. I have 2 of their short scale Sting Ray basses and the roasted unfinished maple necks are to die for.

I only briefly owned a Dustin Kensrue Sting Ray but couldn’t quite get along with the neck on that one. It was much fatter than I was expecting.

I’d love to find one I bonded with like I do their basses.

I have a Sterling Stingray SR50. One of the older ones with a mahogany body. I think the quality is excellent all round, on par with the PRS SE's. Great features, like locking tuners and truss rod wheel, but at about 8 and a half pounds it's just a little heavier than I like and the neck is a bit skinny for my taste. I'm a fan of the wide/fat necks and the Warmoth 59 roundbacks that I have on a couple strats. Cool looking guitar though. I'd love to try one of the real Musicman versions with the roasted maple necks. I just bought an SE Singlecut and the Stingray is up for sale.

I have clung tightly to an EBMM Stingray bass for most of the past 30 years. Had one, had to sell it, and a few years later (2006) picked up the one I still have! Phenomenal instrument in my opinion for it's price point! As for customer service, in 2021, I wanted to change all my hardware from chrome to black and although they did come through with the goods, $500 for tuners, bridge, neck plate and string guide was I thought, a bit gougy! Plus I had to send back the old bridge because it is proprietary and branded (had to send back neck plate as well but considering it had the serial number on it, I fully understand). Anyway, looking forward to playing a Majesty at some point!

I used to own a JP7 Petrucci signature. As far as 7 string guitars go, it was the most comfortable guitar I had. The six-string EBMM necks are too narrow for me, though

Edit: I forgot I had the 25th-anniversary model too - kinda axis shaped with coil splits. Couldn't bind with it - flipped it for Orange Rockerverb MK3 and a cab with a guy in Wales

Back