Does anyone have a pattern regular 408?

Silvertree

I love the smell of a PRS case in the morning.
I have been looking for a pattern regular 408 forever, preferably with a rosewood neck. Twice now I thought I had found one. In one case the dealer measured the neck and found the hangtag was wrong. In the other, the dealer just didn't understand the difference in PRS neck shapes. So it got me thinking, am I looking for something that doesn't exist? Does anyone actually have a 408 in pattern regular?

Side note: I think the naming convention of PRS neck shapes is confusing for people. The number of people that I have talked to think that pattern and pattern regular are the same thing is astounding.

Pattern Regular was generally reserved for 24-fret necks in the Core range. I think you'll only find Pattern and Pattern Thin on the 408.
You see the occasional Custom 22 with pattern regular as well as the 513.

Forgot about the 513! I'm not saying they're not out there, but I've never heard of a CU22 with Pattern Regular. They were officially W/F or W/T, and then Pattern or Pattern Thin.

You never know what kind of oddballs you might find, though. But I would not get my hopes up for a Pattern Regular 408.

Forgot about the 513! I'm not saying they're not out there, but I've never heard of a CU22 with Pattern Regular. They were officially W/F or W/T, and then Pattern or Pattern Thin.

You never know what kind of oddballs you might find, though. But I would not get my hopes up for a Pattern Regular 408.

I have seen a few Custom 22s in pattern regular but you are right, not very many. I think quite of the P24/P22s were pattern regular as well.

You are probably right. I think I'm looking for something that doesn't exist.

I have a 408 with a pattern neck. It took me a year to find it! I did run across a few with a pattern regular, but most were pattern thin. they’re out there, but make sure you deal with someone who is familiar with PRS neck shapes, otherwise you’ll be disappointed when it arrives without your preferred neck shape. Hope this helps, and good luck!

I had two of them. My recollection is that only the pattern and pattern thin were offered. Unless you can find one in PS, I don't think what you're looking for exists.

pattern neck to me is pretty similar to pattern regular. It’s the pattern thin I simply can’t love no matter how hard I try

I have been looking for a pattern regular 408 forever, preferably with a rosewood neck. Twice now I thought I had found one. In one case the dealer measured the neck and found the hangtag was wrong. In the other, the dealer just didn't understand the difference in PRS neck shapes. So it got me thinking, am I looking for something that doesn't exist? Does anyone actually have a 408 in pattern regular?

Side note: I think the naming convention of PRS neck shapes is confusing for people. The number of people that I have talked to think that pattern and pattern regular are the same thing is astounding.

PRS guitars HAVE to be amazingly good because their product marketing is rather weak. The naming convention for their neck options is a great example.

PRS guitars HAVE to be amazingly good because their product marketing is rather weak. The naming convention for their neck options is a great example.
I agree PRS naming conventions can get confusing. Though, they do an excellent job in the marketing department. PRS is really good at making relatively small changes and pushing them, like TCI or 594. If nothing else look at the Silver Sky. They've released S type guitars in the past, but it took relasing a John Mayer Silver Sky to hit a home run with a wide group of players..

It was fine before the "Pattern" with Wide Fat , Wide Thin , Regular just a bit more confusing with Pattern , Pattern Vintage , Pattern Regular , Pattern Thin.

I have an sig limited that I believe has the pattern neck. Not rosewood but sinker mahogany neck. Lovely guitar. I play more acoustic than electric so it doesn’t get the playtime like it used to.

It was fine before the "Pattern" with Wide Fat , Wide Thin , Regular just a bit more confusing with Pattern , Pattern Vintage , Pattern Regular , Pattern Thin.
One of these days they need to rip the bandaid off and rename them. It’s far too confusing for dealers that aren’t too familiar with PRS, let alone somebody new to the brand. Wide fat and wide thin were easier.

Even easier if they stick to the KISS philosophy: 1) Drop the pattern term.
2) go with Vintage. Regular. Thin. Fat. JM. DGT. Santana.

See how much simpler that was?

I've spoken with sales people at guitar shops who are confused.
Sales rep, "The Modern Eagle V has the PRS regular Pattern neck!"
Me, "No, actually, that's a Pattern neck."
Sales rep, "Right, it's the regular Pattern neck that you see on most of their guitars."
Me, "No, this neck is actually called PATTERN. There is also anoth neck called REGULAR which is different from the Pattern neck."
Sales rep, "Uh, I don't think so. The Modern Eagle has the regular neck that you have on the Custom 22 & the Paul's guitar. You know, it's the regular neck they use on most of their guitars."
Me, "Never mind."

I've spoken with sales people at guitar shops who are confused.
Sales rep, "The Modern Eagle V has the PRS regular Pattern neck!"
Me, "No, actually, that's a Pattern neck."
Sales rep, "Right, it's the regular Pattern neck that you see on most of their guitars."
Me, "No, this neck is actually called PATTERN. There is also anoth neck called REGULAR which is different from the Pattern neck."
Sales rep, "Uh, I don't think so. The Modern Eagle has the regular neck that you have on the Custom 22 & the Paul's guitar. You know, it's the regular neck they use on most of their guitars."
Me, "Never mind."
Good grief

Similar experience at my local shop, asking if they might get the SE DGT or 594 in.

Sales guy - “What are they”

Me - most recent guitars from PRS.

There was more convo, but I’ve mentioned it before.

Back