Does anybody else loves his Starla...

Gtrbldr

Not a new member
...but wishes the pickup selector was located some place else?

I love that guitar, use it all the time in church, where it is a nice different flavour from all the gretsches and telecasters. Nice and cutting, yet warm and plays great. However the pickup selector is a little cumbersome. No matter how I place the bigsby arm, it is always in the way. I would love to get a scratch guard where the PU switch is located in a more traditional (read Stratocaster) position.

Does anybody know where to get a scratch guard that fits that bill? It is an core, not an s2

I miss my Starla big time. I definitely want another Core one day. If you can part with the pickguard you should be able to get one made. I’d prefer a toggle vs blade

Can't help you with your questions, but a Starla is what started my search for a PRS. My local music store had a few used PRS guitars in stock with a Starla being one of them. Never played a PRS before and after playing it for a few minutes I thought I need to pursue this whole PRS thing further because of how well it played. I didn't buy it because I don't like jumping at the first thing I find. Like to take my time, ask questions and do some homework before buying. Got a Vela but the Starla paved the way.

...but wishes the pickup selector was located some place else?
I would love to get a scratch guard where the PU switch is located in a more traditional (read Stratocaster) position.

Does anybody know where to get a scratch guard that fits that bill? It is an core, not an s2

Mojoaxe.com will probably make a custom one for you. You may have to send yours as a template.

I’m a big fan of mine. I don’t mind the selector switch position, but not crazy about the pups though.

One of my prettiest guitars.

Yeah, I have seen that one. The PRS version of the Starla :p. And looking gorgeous.

I live in Europe and am not planning on sending the scratch guard overseas, but the idea might indeed be worth exploring. There are enough custom shops close to where I live. Could make one myself as well, but don't really have the time to do so with a 4 year old running around and working a very busy job.

I live in Europe and am not planning on sending the scratch guard overseas, but the idea might indeed be worth exploring. There are enough custom shops close to where I live. Could make one myself as well, but don't really have the time to do so with a 4 year old running around and working a very busy job.

You probably could sketch the outline and supply that rather than the actual pickguard.

Back