Does a McCarty Sc feel like a SC 245?

Ronald Hugh

i own a McCarty 594 double cut, love the way the guitar sounds and feels but i am a single cut guy.my question does the 594 single cut fell like a SC 245 but sounds like a 594?

i own a McCarty 594 double cut, love the way the guitar sounds and feels but i am a single cut guy.my question does the 594 single cut fell like a SC 245 but sounds like a 594?

I have each of the models you are talking about. Well, the SC is a Ted, not a 245. Without going to compare, I would say the SC 594 is thicker, and heavier. It has a slink ire feel to it too. At least to me it does. Not sure if that's the 2 piece bridge, or what. If you love you DC 594, and you're a SC guy, you will LOVE the SC 594. I described it as everything I wanted my R8 to be, and more!

auto spell check?

Grrrr....damn iPad. I think the SC 594 has a slinkier feel to it than the SC Ted does. There is also something different about the unplugged sounds. I don't really know how to describe it. I hear it with both the SC and DC 594s. Something that none of the other PRSes I have exhibit. Whether SC or DC. It's "deeper" would be my best adjective, I think.

Thanks for your answer, not sound wise, when i play my double cut 594 it feels like a thicker version of a custom 22,now i understand the scale difference but will the sc594 fell like your r8? the only example i can think of is a Gibson sg feels so long to me compared to a regular Les Paul. so does the Sc594 feel shorter then double cut 594 or the same?

I don't seem to notice a difference between the two. From a comfort standpoint the DC wins due to upper fret access and weight. The SC feels much better than my R8 did. I find that the SC is easier to play than my LP was. Less fight.

I have both and don't really tell a difference. Each guitar is unique but to me I don't find anything glaring standing out. I enjoy them both and think most of it is simply marketing.

The scale length is a BIG thing. For me 245 is just too tight up high. The 594 is very similar to 25 but maybe better - the happy middle ground.

I cant tell a difference on scale length, 594's have a better neck IMO, a thing of beauty with that Pattern Vintage. They arent very far apart at all but id give the SC594 the edge because of that neck. The LT bridge pickup is not great to me, the 58/15 in the SC 245 takes the cake but the LT in the neck is better than the normal 58/15.

Thanks for your answer, not sound wise, when i play my double cut 594 it feels like a thicker version of a custom 22,now i understand the scale difference but will the sc594 fell like your r8? the only example i can think of is a Gibson sg feels so long to me compared to a regular Les Paul. so does the Sc594 feel shorter then double cut 594 or the same?

I haven't played either 594, but I switch between a DC McCarty and SC 245 and to me they feel like they're basically the same guitar. I figure it's because despite the obvious differences the parts that I touch (neck, bridge, forearm rest, etc) all feel pretty much the same. The biggest problem I have when switching back and forth is that they feel so similar I often find myself reaching for the wrong pickup selector position.

And FWIW... neither guitar feels like my LP (R9), and despite the shorter scale my single cut is actually longer than my double cut (around 1-1/4 longer).

Not sure how much of that applies to the 594...

Back