Do you use wall mount or guitar stand?

I’d like to get my guitars back on the wall, but this house has too much variability in temp and humidity. Likely need a sealed cabinet with UV glass, but no budget.

My prior house during better times
F05_DB82_A-1_CCA-4_D9_F-87_CE-_B9_C82_C231_B39.jpg

Three of these guitars had to be sold to pay bills. Better luck next time?
Being able to pay bill is important! You will have better luck next time.

Really nice guitars too!

Mine have been wall hanging exclusively for at least 10 years. Other than a quick truss rod tweak every few months they've done just fine.

My PRSi are on the walls, unless they are the 5 or so in current rotation, then they are in stands or in a gig-bag ready to rock.

My other branded guitars are typically in a multi-rack, like this one:

6021051.jpg

My wife's basses are all in a multi-rack, right beside her rig, except one in a gig bag, ready to roll.

I have some nice purpleheart figured neck blanks. One of them is on this Thorn:

I have another for a build down the road.
There was a Thorn for sale recently with a tubular natural quilt top and walnut back recently - thought it had to have been one of yours at one point

The 10 guitars I use at least weekly are in two Hercules racks at floor level in my studio. Five more and my banjo and mandolin are hanging on the walls on Hercules wall hangers. Five more guitars that are used infrequently are in cases and located in a storage facility along with other spare studio gear. I also have one Hercules floor stand that is used to put down a guitar during a recording session. I have used only Hercules stands and hangers for years because they have never damaged the nitro finishes on any of my guitars.

Last edited:
I like the stand, can put it right beside my desk which is perfect from work from home (for my guitar playing, not my career). However, now that I own a PRS there is some worry that a clumsy mistake from my girlfriend or I could cause a very sad day... lol

I use both single and a 5 place stand. My room is quite small (was/is our spare bedroom) and with an upright piano and a hide-a-bed in there, space is at a premium.

Back