Do you use strap locks?

Do you use strap locks?

• Yes

Votes: 53 65.4%
  • No

Votes: 28 34.6%

• Total voters
I used to use Schaller locks but for some reason I like the aesthetic of the PRS buttons and so far, haven't had a catastrophic failure (fingers crossed)...

I used to use Schaller locks but for some reason I like the aesthetic of the PRS buttons and so far, haven't had a catastrophic failure (fingers crossed)...
I like the buttons too and I don't want to mess with it. What straps do you use? I could use a new one.. or 2. I ordered one that looked nice and padded but couldn't get it to fit right...

The Loxx are amazing, and move very smoothly. The screw is nice too...it's the same size measured to the ends of the threads, but the center shaft is thicker, so it fits snugly. (I know that sounds like a ridiculous double entendre, but I just don't know another way to explain it...)

One of the first things I do when I get a new guitar home is to put on some LOXX staplocks. I have tried others but now just put these on everything. Easy on-off and very low profile with no big piece of metal hanging off a loose strap waiting to put a chip in my guitar when removing or putting the strap back on.

The Grolsch ones sound like fun I would need to drink 10 just for my PRSi since I have a strap for each.
I do not use straplocks the ErnieBall nylon straps I use fit really tight on PRS button and one they get loose I just spend $7 on a new one.

The Grolsch ones sound like fun I would need to drink 10 just for my PRSi since I have a strap for each.
I do not use straplocks the ErnieBall nylon straps I use fit really tight on PRS button and one they get loose I just spend $7 on a new one.

You can just buy the washers by themselves on Amazon. I know, where's the fun in that?

Dunlops on my PRSi, Dimarzio cliplocks on my Ibanezes.
The Dimarzio, although a great system, just doesn't look right on the PRSi IMHO...
The Dulops keep the straps at a distance from the guitar, which might help with nitro finishes...

No. Used schallers in the 80s but had guitar come off due to unoticed button wear. Chipped the upper horn of my charvel model 4 as it landed on mic stand base.

All of my guitars use either gold, chrome or nickel strap-locks. Most guitars use Schallers. All 335 and SG style guitars use Dunlops, because they have a flatter profile and don't stick you in the stomach. When I acquire a new guitar, I immediately purchase a good strap and strap-locks. I wish that PRS would develop a design that doesn't make as much (clicking) noise as Schallers can.

Back