Do you use strap locks?

• Yes

Votes: 53 65.4%
  • No

Votes: 28 34.6%

• Total voters

Em7

deus ex machina
I know that a lot of forum members swear by strap locks, but I have not used them since the eighties.

All my guitars have some kind of strap lock. 2 has Schaller's, 2 has Ernie Ball's and one has DiMarzio's. I think my guitars are safe with any of those systems. In my opinion, the most important thing is always double check if the screw that goes inside the body is starting to get loose or not. Sound silly, but **** happens.

I do not. I use straps that are pretty thick and almost impossible to get ON the guitar. So I back out the strap button screws and permanently install the strap. Not exactly cheap, because I have a strap for every guitar. However, it is secure and I am ready to play at a moments notice!

Straplocks are an absolute must! The only things I haven't put 'em on are a $250 MusicYo Steinberger Spirit, and a Squier P Bass.

Schaller Strap Locks on all of mine, and I just bought more the other day so I will have a set for the 408 when it arrives.
To me the guitars are an investment, and if one dropped to the ground and broke, I would have to *itch slap myself for not securing it better.
I have seen to many guitars in the past fall due to not using them.

Last edited:
Dunlops on one Hamer (it came that way), Schallers on everything else that has 'em.

Absolutely. Besides, I only have 2 straps (30+ years old), both with Schallers on them. If I don't put strap lock buttons on the guitars, I don't stand up with them.

Back